16x08 Can't Play Windows Sounds While In DAW

Steven DiLeo

Gear owned
Tascam 16x08
My previous audio interfaces all could play sounds from windows (media player, youtube, etc..) while my DAW was open no problem. It seems with tascams latest "Mixing driver" it should be able to do this, however i'm still have troubles. If I choose the mixing driver within cakewalk as my audio device, I get no sound within cakewalk, however I still get my windows sounds. If I open EZdrummer for example and choose the mixing drive I can use the VST through the audio interface whilst still hearing windows sounds. If I choose the regular tascam driver within cakewalk I get sound in cakewalk, but windows sounds are non-existent.

I'm running 2.00 driver, as with other people I cannot get the 2.100 to download from the auto update, nor is there an option anywhere for us to download the 2.100 update. I'm not sure if this update would fix my problem, or if theres something else i'm missing, or if this just cannot be done with this hardware/driver. Any ideas?

You should be able to get sound if you set your daw's device to mixer driver and pc sound device on mixer as well. It seems to work for me. I'm running settings panel version 2.10. I described how to get around the fail update problem on the thread titled "US-16x08 Settings Panel v2.10 Update Fails ". Hope this helps. Could as be sample rates are different. Try having a project opened in your daw with 44.1 sample rate and see if it works.

Reactions: Steven DiLeo
Thanks for the reply default_Audio. I was succesfully able to update to 2.1 after manually finding the downloaded update. However, the mixing drive is still not working properly for me within cakewalk. However, it does within EZDrummer, which is odd. My sampling rate is 44.1, and I have drivers set to share. However, anytime I choose the "mixing drivers" within cakewalk, I get no sound. Cakewalk freezes up a bit every time I try to play any sound. Works great when I choose the regular non-mixing asio drivers, but then I cannot play any other sounds from my computer when cakewalk is open. :(

I'm not familiar with cakewalk I use Cubase. It might a setting within cakewalk. Try selection the mixing driver with the share option off. Also trying switching the line out 1-2 on the Tascam settings panel to computer 1-2 (if you have them on master) Unclick box on bottom left (computer out to stereo bus)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.