16x08 not working with itunes

T. Wilson

Gear owned
US 16x08
I got my 16x08 audio interface a week ago and everything seems to be working great, except iTunes. It will play on connected airplay devices, but not on my computer. Other audio applications work fine, including windows media player, Sonar X3 and audio off the internet. I tried it on another similar computer and got the same result. Tascam CS is investigating, but has yet to admit there is a driver or other problem. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. Help is appreciated.

just recieved and setup my 16x08 this weekend and am having similar issues w/win 7 64. works in my daw (fl studio), system sounds work, browser sound works (firefox) but my mp3 playback programs don't seem to be working (zune, foobar 2000) nor do many video filetypes seem to playback sound in both windows media player or media player classic. pretty sure it's an incomplete driver pack. have submitted to tascam cs but not heard anything yet

I haven't seen anyone else have this problem, but if you are, here is a solution/workaround. I installed Shareport on my PC and iTunes treats it like another airplay option and it plays my music.

I got my 16x08 audio interface a week ago and everything seems to be working great, except iTunes. It will play on connected airplay devices, but not on my computer. Other audio applications work fine, including windows media player, Sonar X3 and audio off the internet. I tried it on another similar computer and got the same result. Tascam CS is investigating, but has yet to admit there is a driver or other problem. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. Help is appreciated.
Wich version of windows are you using and can you describe your hardware? Because yuo are luckier that others that are still trying to install drivers properly.

New threads

Members online