788 EEPROM v2.02 Firmware Upgrade - limited quantity available

RealTime

Gear owned
MK1+NEO HGR2488 DP24 788 PS5
Hi,

I've got a limited quantity of v2.02 EEPROMs (FLASH) for sale on ebay. These have been tested in a 788 and work fine.

Search ebay for 788 firmware and you'll find them.

V2.02 was the last version to be released and made some significant changes to the 788 functionality. If you don't have a CDR drive for the 788, or you have an early (pre v1.10) version then you can only upgrade by replacing the EEPROM. The ebay listing has a link to installation instructions.

Ian

Reactions: Jamal61
Hi Ian

I need any EEPROM, mine is damaged by power cut while upgrading from 1.06 to 1.10.
Please help

Thanks

hi have you still got eprom v. 2.02 for the 788 please,would be much appreciated.
harry

Hi, sorry for the long delay in replying, but I did recently come across a few remaining EEPROMS for the 788. Are either of you still interested? I would need to test them again, so let me know.

Regards
Ian

Hi IAN yes am very interested because I,m retired now and have got guitars and keyboard out of mothballs and would like to do a bit of me time,my email address is toddharry@rocketmail.com. Many thanks,harry

Hi Ian, do you have an EEPROM with v2.02? I'm interested, thank you

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately the EEproms are all gone now. I'm not aware of any other sources at this time.

Best regards
Ian

Thank you for your reply... do you know the model of eprom? should be interesting make a dump of an original eprom and copy into a new one... so that people like me can upgrade the owned machine.
best regards
Matteo

Hi guys,
just recently I dug into the old stuff I have and found 2 EEPROMS saying 788 v1.07 and 778 v2.02. I remember the IC with older version was removed when upgrading the machine years ago. The other remained untouched since it came my hands.

If anyone interested please find them in my ebay here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114651263058
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114651266222

I hope I could help.

If someone has an eprom with V2.02 , I have an eprom reader/writer and could make clone eproms if the original isn't protected, of which it does not appear to be a protected type of memory device.

New threads

Members online