A few observations DP24-SD

Matt B

Veteran
Gear owned
dp24sd
1. When editing, the right cursor control expands the scale, which makes it easier to pinpoint a mark. That sounds simple,but it took me a while to understand that.

2. Want to cut or add a sliver of time. The machine won't let you. I have learned to reset the time scale to bars (via the metronome button) add a few bars and then take take off what I want to cut. Or add a sliver, and then take the few bars away.

3. I am finding that I use the stop button more and more. Nose itch during a take? Hit the stop, scratch, and then start where you left off. The stop button will come in handy when I start mixing the ten songs I have almost finished tracks for. Rather than a quick grab for an adjustment, I can hit stop, move the controls to where I want them, and resume. I just think that is so cool!

Matt B

Reactions: Mark Richards
Regarding item 1: Yes.... left and right cursors stretch/expand or contract the resolution of the "visual" audio signal - and the up and down cursors expand or contract the size or intensity of the visual audio signal.

Regarding item 2: Isn't this because the mark-set in and out points have a limit to how close together they can be? So to get around this limit you're saying you just insert a bigger piece of time and then pare that down to the sliver you want?

#1 Yes, I was aware that I could increase the resolution to see the waveform better, but I guess I didn't realize that I could also choose an edit point with greater accuracy.

#2 That is correct. It could be done easily with the time scale, but the bar scale makes it easy for me to scroll off four beats, making the interval big enough to edit.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.