JHTorch

Veteran
From
New York City
Website
falafelmafianyc.blogspot.com
Gear owned
Tascam DM-3200
I just wanted to share with the Tascam community here that Jamshire came over to my studio last week to help me and my partner with our new DM. It was a most enjoyable and educational time. Jamshire is a great guy and I am happy to have met a new friend. We're still (slowly) learning the board but things are coming together.

Just note that if you want to make Jamshire's day, he's a big fan of pepperoni and fresh garlic on his pizza. (I am too!). If he posts a new video on the DM, I think we should all send him a thank you pie.

:D:D:D

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-1_18-42-22.png
    upload_2014-4-1_18-42-22.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 15
HEY!!!

Thanks!! I LOVE TO HELP! I learned a lot at your place as well. Especially that I WANT a Whisper Room now. If I were a wealthy man, I'd travel to all new DM users and help them all out.

Pepperoni and Fresh Garlic (and Unsweetened Iced Tea of course) is the best form of payment for me! One less night I'm cooking at home.

Looking forward to the next hang.

Oh, no -- I created a Whisper Room Monster. I may be able to break the Whisper Room spell. We're ordering the Argosy desk for DM this week and it looks like we have to change the orientation of the Whisper Room for space/logistical reasons. Do you want to come over to join in on the fun involved with rolling that thing?? LOL.

Seriously, though the Whisper Room is great at achieving substantial isolation for my ridiculously loud vocals and my ridiculously louder guitar amp. Some people complain of the "too dry" nature of the recording captured in the booth but I've never had a single client complain about the sound of anything I've recorded in there. If anything they love the sound, though they will complain of the heat. Next time you come over, we'll have to record you doing some vocals in there!! We will require your attendance once we have the Argosy desk all set up.

I think a photo of said 'Whisper Room' would be in order.. ;)

Jamshire is the man. One of these days we should try to organize an NYC meetup for all our members who live in the area (or visiting).

One of these days we should try to organize an NYC meetup for all our members who live in the area (or visiting).
Just post information on meeting early enough so I can book a (not so) cheap flight from here to NY. Been more than 25 years since I visited there and it would be nice to see Charlie, Ernie and other guys face-to-face.

Eh... waitaminute ... not so sure if it's smart thing for me to visit US ... I've
1. Visited Cuba in recent past
2. Published a song which criticized US Middle-East foreign politics
... I might end up in a "holiday camp" in lovely island of Cuba instead of NY.

@Jarno , as long as you don't organize a group called The Laplandian Pussy Riot, you should be OK.

I think a photo of said 'Whisper Room' would be in order.. ;)

Fair enough. When I get back into the studio, I'll take a couple of shots.

Jamshire is the man. One of these days we should try to organize an NYC meetup for all our members who live in the area (or visiting).

So true, so true, he certainly is.

DJ X, that's a great idea. Coordination multiple schedules can always be a pain in the tush but I think it would be worth it. Perhaps we can pick a place like Sam Ash -- I know everyone on this board from NYC would know how to get there -- and pick a restaurant or bar in the area.

Just post information on meeting early enough so I can book a (not so) cheap flight from here to NY. Been more than 25 years since I visited there and it would be nice to see Charlie, Ernie and other guys face-to-face.

Jarno, 25 years is TOO long. You should come. As a NYC lifer, I can tell you that NYC has changed quite a bit from that time in both good and bad ways.

Mm, a trip to New York.. Sounds tempting, it's been way too long for me as well - probably 20 years. Keep us informed!

New threads

Staff online

Members online