Adat in routed to sel 2? (dm3200)

Jeremy Caruthers

Gear owned
Tascam DM3200
I searched the forum for an answer without success. If anyone could help, that'd be fantastic.

Simply put... I want to come out of a TV's Digital Output (Optical) and into my DM3200. Obviously, there's an integrated ADAT input on the DM3200 and I also have an IF-AD/DW correctly installed in Slot 2 that I'm not using. However, I have been unable to get any audio through my CR speakers. I have SEL 1 routed to my IF-FWDMMKII and SEL 3 routed to the 2TR IN that I use. I was hoping to get the audio from the TV's optical to the SEL 2 button. I am decent on the DM3200 and at routing but have been stumped thus far. Feel as if I'm missing something really simple. I have browsed the MONITOR screen but haven't been able to connect the dots.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your TV probably has SPDIF optical, not ADAT optical. As far as I know the optical I/O on the DM only accepts ADAT optical. You would need some kind of digital patch bay or interface to convert the two formats, or a connection that converts the optical SPDIF to co-ax SPDIF or AES-EBU to use the other digital connections on the DM.

Last edited:
There are also simple S/PDIF Optical to Coaxial converters on the market. Not too expensive either.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.