Amp simulators into tascam

Brandon

Gear owned
Dp008ex
Don't have an amp. Was looking at jdx direct drive ($200)

https://www.radialeng.com/product/jdx-direct-drive

When money permits i was going to try my boss ds2 into the jdx and then into the tascam as opposed to just the ds2 to the tascam

Also saw the Behringer vtone gdi21 for a less expensive alternative ($40 ish) but have seen alot of complaints about the sound.

Wondering if someone has had more time and experience with these options so that I can go forward without any buyers remorse. any suggestions/advice on alternative equipment would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Edit: the NUX solid studio looks very promising

Last edited:
I haven't tried the V-Tone, but I have the Sansamp GT2 that it attempts to clone. The GT2 kicks ass and takes names. So hopefully the V-Tone does the same.

Have you considered a multi-effect that has amp simulators? I've gotten good results from my Zoom G5n. The least expensive model (with an expression pedal) in this line is the G1X4, which sells for $100 in the US.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...multi-effects-processor-with-expression-pedal

Reactions: Brandon
The gt2 sounds so good, ill definitely consider that now, thank you

That zoom g1x4 has some gorgeous sounds. I've had a few multi-effect pedals in the past, but with the myriad of effects I was always a little disappointed that I couldn't tweak the individual effects within, always being stuck with the manufacturer settings (as far as I can remember.) So I was under the impression that getting an amp sim/DI box and getting the individual pedals as permitted would allow for way more versatility being able to dial in the settings.

But again thank you for the suggestion on the gt2, I have a bit more to think about and am hoping to learn more.

Last edited:
The Zoom N series units are very easy to tweak with their knobby interfaces. I always create my own patches from scratch.

Reactions: Brandon
Looks impressive. If it is indeed the H0ly Grail...tomorrow is Maundy Thursday, which commemorates the Last Supper. So that would be the perfect time to buy one. :)

There is one on Ebay.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.