An old guy trying new things

weegeordie

From
Ontario, Canada
Gear owned
US-144MKII
Hello everyone. I bought a TASCAM US-144MKII a few years back but have never found the time to use it. As my years go by, I think its about time I did some recording. I was in a bar band back in the 70's and I would like to leave some memories behind for my kids and grandkids.

I have learned that the unit I have is no longer supported but I'm hoping I can still use it to do some basic recording of myself and my son.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get started. …weegeordie

Reactions: robertgarven
Hello weegeordie,
When you say not supported what do you mean? I have the 488 MKII and it is an older model using cassettes. But it works great. I recently bought the SD 24 mainly because it uses SD card to record to instead of cassettes. I find it's just about impossible to get cassettes anymore.

hey weegeordie been awhile. If the machine is working you should be fine. They are still sold on sweetwater.com so it may not be under warranty they are good at helping people out. Good luck and have fun with it

Hey Robert...if that link was meant for me thanks. I found places to get them like amazon but I don't trust that they haven't been sitting in some warehouse for years. The type that my 488 used were the type II brand which are harder to find new. But I have the DP 24 now so don't need them.

It's all relative, Jim. Goes to show how 'not new' the others are ;)
(Actually I think the title is based on number of messages posted..)

Reactions: -mjk-
Yes, it's about the number of messages posted.

New threads

Members online