Anyone had some success with a WDM/KS driver? (aggregation)

Jean-Pierre Pineau

From
Rimouski (Quebec) Canada
Gear owned
Tascam DM-4800 and stuff
Sorry to disturb with what may be an old question. I have used ASIO all along my digital life and am looking for some improvement, if there' s any.

I am rebuilding my studio. I have at least three interfaces that I'd like to aggregate digitally : DM-4800, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack and a Roland Fa-06. ASIO won't allow it. Currently, I can have 8 channels on the DM WDM/KS driver in Sonar PLAT. I can see everyone but the Tascam does not like it. I have not tried the ASIO4All driver. I understand the odds are against me and that I'd have to get thru the board to produce my vocals at the mixing stage with the VoiceLive using the S/Pdif. This induces some latency that I have to offset manually, which is not such a big deal but... I am curious to have some hints about an existing solution to aggregate the setup digitally via USB, if such a thing exists.

My Daw computer is a fresh install on Win 10 Pro, 32G DDR4, i7 7700k and everything is on three SSD's. The FW card works fine.

Thanks in advance for you time an thoughts.

Jean-Pierre

Last edited:
Confusing - to me. Why are you not using the FW card for your audio to and from Sonar?

I'm just asking.

Jamsire,

Audio goes thru the FW card with both drivers, actually. The basic difference remains into the 32 channels of audio in ASIO mode and 8 channels in the current WDM/KS driver I used. The other benefit of a WDM (always working with the FW card) is to allow some other interfaces to join in an aggregated mode. I am just inquiring about other having tried some alternatives to the Tascam Asio Driver, like ASIO4All.

New threads

Members online