Anyone interested in VST control of their DM4800?

@Arjan P I have a 3200 version ready, but of course I can't test it. I will try to get you a link soon, but it required more changes than expected, so again there could be issues. I would actually try the 4800 version first and make sure it is working and then switch to testing the 3200.

Great work! I'd be interested in testing the windows version on cascaded my DM4800s

Also, have you looked at reading the DM's screen data every few seconds and displaying it?
I was looking at building an app to do it myself and mirror the DM's screen but haven't had time to get much done. Sending something like:
SYSX: F0 4E 7F 21 01 19 00 08 F7
SYSX: F0 7E 7F 07 03 7F 42 49 4E 20 6C 63 64 30 F7
returns the image data, though I didn't get as far as working out how to decode it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockum
@Rockum Wow, that's fast! I won't have time to try for a while since I'm doing a project now that requires all studio time I can spend, but I sure will give both a try. Thanks so far!

Reactions: Rockum
I used a program "MIDI-OX" to intercept the MIDI sent by Tascam Mixer Companion whilst retrieving a screenshot. You can then replay the same message to get the same image data back.

Also I recall seeing all the meter data for every channel/bus/aux coming in in a fairly simple format which you might find useful.

Sorry, I didn't work out the image format though I expect it could be figured out with a little effort. TMC saves it as a PNG file.

David, you will need2 midi cables if you don't use the USB connection as well. Connect the out of the IF/FW to the MIDI in on the back of the mixer. Connect the in of the IF/FW to the MIDI out on the Mixer. I will be posting the files in a few mins.

No one has given me any feedback after using so I don't know if there are any issues especially for the 3200. Once I know the 3200 is working correctly I will make a Mac version of it as well.

@Rockum I am still trying to get something happen with the Mac version and Logic Pro X. Has anyone had any luck? Using USB here but will try with midi if necessary

Peter if you are going with USB, use Port 4 and make sure at least the blue check marks are set.

midisettings.png

Then make sure to select USB port 4 for both in and out in your app/plugin.

You may need to look at some of the other info in the setup instructions, but that should be what you need to get started. By the way. You choose the MIDI ports in the plugin not in Logic.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Rockum Yes Rock. I did follow your initial instructions and selected the appropriate settings. I will take another stab at it tomorrow if I have time. Thanks so much for the app and the support that you are affording all of us. Peter

I tried to give a bit more information on setting up the MIDI ports. Now I am nervous I uploaded an older version of the VST Plugin. I am checking it out now.

Let's start over... New thread, new versions, new name. Fixed small bug in the DM-3200. Mac app, VST and AU versions for 3200 and 4800.

Reactions: Peter Batah
@Rockum Out with the old. In with the new!

@Rockum I downloaded the DMRemote.zip file. PC only, right?

New threads

Members online

No members online now.