Applying dynamic effects on recorded track

Karl Brandt

Gear owned
DP-24
I followed the tips to applying dynamic effects to already recorded tracks in the tip "USING INPUT DYNAMIC EFFECTS WHEN TRACKING" and could not get it to work--suggestions

The referenced tip is intended for advanced users, and so to help the general user implement the tip, Phil Tipping created a video tutorial in the Tutorial and Informational Videos sticky thread (I think it's near the end of the index, maybe tutorial #14?).

If after watching Phil's video, you still can't get it to work, please come back to this thread and list each of the steps you took to implement, and we'll see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
Excuse me if I’m misunderstanding this (I don’t own a DP machine but I did own a 2488 many years ago), but isn’t applying dynamic effects to already recorded tracks different from applying them when tracking?

isn’t applying dynamic effects to already recorded tracks different from applying them when tracking?
Not when applying Dynamic Input FX to dubbed tracks on a DP-24/32/SD during initial tracking. Details explained in the production tip and the video tutorial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logrinn

New threads

Members online