Argghh MxView problem

English Billy1

Gear owned
mx-2424
Hi guys, man I have been trying to get mxview installed on first my iMac G5 - OK so that doesn't work - so I dragged out my old laptop - Windows 7 64 bit installed - and followed the advice to copy the (unzipped?) mxview folder into Program Files - no joy, and then tried pasting into Program Files (x86) both in the C drive and tried double clicking (opening) the 'setup.exe' file - I just get an incompatibility box!!! I tried opening under administrator status too.. Same incompatible msg...
I'm tearing my hair out now! I just bought a bunch of db25 snakes and I have verified my Mx 2424 is working. I read here nearly everybody has got it working - am I missing something or doing something wrong?
Any one help me please?

What you need to do is place the MX View files from an existing installation into a folder called TASCAM in C:\Program Files (x86) on your Win 7 box. Once that is done, you simply copy the MX View .exe to your desktop to act as a shortcut to launch the application.

I have the necessary files, already in a zipped folder on my Dropbox. All you would need do is unzip the file and move the ENTIRE TASCAM folder to the location mentioned above. Before doing that, I would suggest deleting any folder called TASCAM in that location (unless you have TM Companion or other Tascam programs already installed). If that's the case, message me and I'll help you through that.

Send me a message and I'll get you the link to the files.

It's easy. There is nothing to install - the program just works when you copy the files from a working installation to the proper location. I've helped dozens of folks through it.

Apparently so...

We can likely lose this thread.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.