Argosy desk for DM-3200

Gerk

Veteran
Gear owned
DM-3200
Anyone here own an Argosy desk? I'm most likely going to pull the trigger on one for my new house (moving at beginning of November), but I'm really torn on the 50 series vs the 70 series. I'm also very curious how the access to the back of the desk works, it's very unclear from their documentation. There seems to be a flip up door (which looks like it's the top -- which is lame as who wants to have to clear the whole top to access the utility area) and there seems to be a removable door which is on the back.

Anyone have one that can shed some light on this situation for me? I have a friend close to me here (about an hour's drive away) that has a 70 series, but his is older and I think they might have changed it since then as I read in some documentation somewhere last night that you don't have to "clear the deck" to open the doors ... very confusing and there's definitely not a show room near me that has them on display.

Nope I didn't. They wanted way too much money for what it was. I'm in Canada and just the additional shipping alone was insane (think almost $1000 for _shipping_). I ended up getting a custom desk built by someone in my area here who does fabulous work and has done a lot of custom audio/DAW type setups. I posted a small pic of it somewhere on here, I will have to take some proper pictures soon. The finalized setup is almost done ...

P.S. Argosy has now discontinued those desks as well.

Can you post a picture of the desk you had built? It would be cool to see.

Argosy makes nice stuff, but it's expensive. I have considered some of their desks over the years, but it's just not worth the expense for me.

Here's a terrible pic that shows some of it ... it's hard to capture. I will take some pics when the last bits of things are done in the setup, it's still in a bit of chaos because I'm just getting the last pieces into place and figuring out how it all fits in ...

So please ignore the total mess for now .. there will be good shots later.

On the left there are 27U of rack space (on the top and then more down the front). On the left is for the DM-3200 console. Both the left and right have doors at the back to allow for easy access in to patch things. I worked with the custom desk builder quite a bit to get exactly what I wanted for the setup ...

raven-1.JPG

And a few more, this was during the basic setup of the room so it's even messier!

You can also see a couple of small gaps in places (the last pieces of trim were not on and the final adjustments were not yet made to the desk).

dm3200.jpg

dm3200-door.jpg

rack.jpg

rack-door.jpg

back.jpg

About the same as it would have cost me to have an Argosy 70 series delivered to me. I promised not to post the price online but I think this is vague enough ;)

That's a fantastic looking desk. Does it move in sections? I also like how the DM is off to the side since I mostly use mine for tracking and AD but generally mix ITB/hybrid. Kudos!

It's all one piece, but can be disassembled for moving purposes. Yep that's the way I do things as well, which is why I wanted the dm3200 to the side. It's hard to find desks like this and I'm super happy I had one built to my specs. I am so much happier with it than I would have been with an argosy.

Hello @Gerk . Fellow Canuck here. First off, Seasons' Greetings. All the best to you & yours. Any chance that I could get a look at those pics that you once made available in an earlier post back in 2016. I noticed that the links to the original pics are not longer valid. I'm in a similar situation at the moment desk-wise. Nothing urgent! Thank you. Peter

New threads

Members online

No members online now.