ASIO IN/OUT Driver Numbering

Ken Boi

From
Arizona
Gear owned
Model-16 Mixer
In setting up Bandlab Cakewalk DAW with the Tascam Model-16 as its audio interface device, I see ASIO Input Devices 'Model Mixer ASIO IN-1', 'Model Mixer ASIO In-3', 'Model Mixer ASIO IN-5', etc, up to ASIO IN-15. The same is true for the Output Drivers (i.e., ASIO OUT-1, ASIO OUT-3, ASIO OUT-5, etc.) Why aren't there even numbered device drivers for IN-2, IN-4, IN-6, OUT-2, OUT-4, OUT-6, etc? Is this typical with multitrack mixers used as an interface?

I have gotten it to work and it seems that the actual workings are that the even-numbered tracks are implied and they work together with their associated odd number driver. I have a good idea of how the audio gets routed, but I am still curious whether this is normal ASIO driver definition, or maybe I need an ASIO driver update.

Thanks.

@Ken Boi sometimes, depending on the ASIO software, only the odd number channel will be shown (probably name field limitations). The corresponding even numbered channel is implied. When you see that, they configured as stereo pairs.

Reactions: Ken Boi

New threads

Members online

No members online now.