Assignable Sends Routing?

Steve NVS

Gear owned
Tascam DM 3200
I need to route cue mixes from Pro Tools to the 4 Assignable Sends on the DM 3200. I'm currently getting only the stereo mix coming out of the Asn Sends. I can send my Pro Tools cue mixes to channels 29-32. Next, in the DM 3200 I need to route 29-32 to the Asn Sends 1 to 4. In the menu below what Source should I select? And how to I route channels 29-32 to the 4 Asn Sends?

THANKS for your advice, Steve

Asn Send Routing.png

I am successfully sending audio from Pro Tools to the Tascam DM 3200 channels 29, 30, 31, 32. When viewing the Monitor screen on the Tascam I can see the separate signals are going to those channels but can't hear them. Obviously the channels are not routed to the Assignable Sends 1-4.

The crazy thing is page 47 of the manual explains the outputs, including the Asn Sends (pictured in the menu above). Then in says to see page 46 regarding the inputs. Page 46 tells all about the various inputs into the DM but no explanation of how to route them to the Asn Sends. Arg!

Does anyone have a clue about how to route an input channel of the DM 3200 to an Assignable Send?

The basic function in the above picture works from right to left. So the source on the right is the input and the output select obviously is on the left.

So at the output select table, you change AUX 1 into SLOT 1-29, AUX 2 into SLOT 1-30 etcetera. This because ASN 1-4 (top to bottom in this table) are your 4 outputs, what you select next to them is what is going there, as selected from the right.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Thanks very much Arjan. I understand the "right to left" flow in the Output menu I posted, and I understand that Aux 1-4 are my outputs. BUT where is the "Output Select Table" that lets me choose which channels to route to each Aux? Is it on this menu screen or a different one?

Last edited:
It's on the picture you posted in the first message. On top it says OUTPUT SELECT and below it are 4 ASN SEND lines (only the little number blocks indicate this). You want to replace the 'AUX 1' to 'AUX 4' entries with the SLOT 1-29 etc entries, like mentioned in my previous message.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Greatly appreciated.

Nothing about Tascam is intuitive. Nothing in the manual even hints at this. You even said the flow is right to left, so the left is where I want the signal to end up? But in this case the left is the source. Just grateful it finally works.

Well, left is where you eventually connect input to output, after selecting (and filtering) what should go to there on the right. I think part of the confusion in this case is also that AUX and ASN SEND are two different things in this mixer. ASN SEND being physical outputs and AUX being internally routed signals in the mixer.

Anyway, glad you got it working.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.