Aux1 & EQ: Is T12 block diagram wrong; is manual wrong, or...?

Hammarlund

Gear owned
Model 12
The "master section" manual and the control buttons show that Aux1 will bypass master EQ (or, optionally, that main EQ can apply to Aux 1/2.)

However, the block diagram does not show a switch where Aux1 enters the master EQ.

Which one is wrong?

Hey so I’ve been studying the (somewhat Byzantine) monitoring part of the block diagram.

I’ve done so far as to photo copy the thing and use markers to highlight the bus routing.

Aux1 and Aux 2 (if used as Aux2 and not effects) definitely are shown with the potential to route through the Master EQ. The also have a route post EQ back to the Solo bus via the AFL switches next to the Aux mutes. To use as a stereo pair?

What I am pondering is exactly how to make use of all this Aux setup is given these are Mono busses. It’s a bit of speghetti I haven’t fully grasped the implications and use cases for.

I would upload a pix of my color coded block diagram but the forum won’t let me attach a file.

I would upload a pix of my color coded block diagram but the forum won’t let me attach a file.

Upload it to a hosting site and post a link. Google Photos works fine too.

You need to use the share option for Google Photos.

See what I mean?

There are four signals going into the main EQ section:

MAIN (two signals, because stereo)

AUX1 (mono)

AUX2 (mono)

However, only THREE of those have switches shown; there's no switch shown on Aux1.

Yeah I see what you mean.

My interpretation is that push button switch on the upper left within the Master EQ mix box was their shorthand depiction of switching choice between inputs. In fact this is how the thing appears to work in practice.

they probably should have shown it outside the box as a set of switches along with a bypass, but to save space?

The most confusing part to me is the whole phones monitor area below that as it interacts with the Aux 2 insert cutoff and the solo mode choice on the menu. I’d love someone to really explain how to get best use of all that. I think it might be genius, but I’m not genius enough to get it fully straight in my head how to leverage it...

New threads

Members online