Back after a while....2488 or dp24

Steve-o

From
Ohio
Gear owned
488, 2488, dp24
I posted some time back, own a 2488 original & bought a dp24sd, was not impressed and returned it.

After some time I bought one again on sale I could not pass up, but I have yet to use it. I see all the topics of problems w. it and am still within my return period. Can not decide if it worth keeping, esp. since I have yet to use it. I have not used the 2488 much either...........I guess I miss the old 8 tracks ie:dp01. Simple, I am not a band I am one guy just writing when I get around to that. If I have something strong & good I can go to the studio.

What do you think, I am sitting on 2 units here & really want a dp01, used for $100.

Any info appraciated.
Thanks

@Steve-o what problems are you referring to? Virtually all the problems you're reading about are operator error, and/or media issues. If you want someone else to tell you what you should do, that's not going to happen. You said you "really want a dp01" so, why don't you get it?

Sold my DP-01 the day after I picked up a used 2488 MkII on Craigslist. All my synths and guitar processor (Pod HD) output in stereo. This basically made the DP-01 a 4 track machine and I had to do a lot of bouncing (or as we used to say - reduction mixes). I now have a 32-SD and have had no problems with it. I'm convinced much of the file errors people get are from counterfeit cards bought online at a really good price. Any SD card bought online should be immediately tested for authenticity.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.