Backing up from Tascam 2488neo WITHOUT mixing down

ISuckAtTech

Gear owned
Portastudio 2488neo
Title. I'm looking to back up the files on my 2488neo without mixing/mastering the tracks. Do I have to back them up? I might wanna go back and remix these later (I mix in real time into Reaper so I can go back and remix it later if needed.) And no, I don't want them to be .wav files, I want the song files, so I could feasibly put them on there later if I need to get a new drive. I'm seriously running out of space on mine, and if there is a way to free up space on the drive without transferring/deleting the songs, I would really like to know. Thanks! :)

- ISuckAtTech

I don't have that machine, but the manual says you can back up complete 'songs' via USB or CD. Chapter 11 has details of both methods; CD appears to work directly with the song data, whereas with USB you need to convert the songs into the FAT partition first before copying... but double-check yourself as I have nothing to verify this.
Btw - I would strongly recommend also backing up the wave files as a precaution. I know these won't contain other song settings, but at least they will work on any other system if ever your neo dies and cannot be replaced - song backups can only be restored by another neo.

New threads

Members online