Battery replacement SX 1

nabberigu

From
Illinois USA
Gear owned
SX-1 LE and SX1-LE PLUS
Hi everyone. I was looking for some info to replace the memory battery in a SX 1 LE . I couldn't find info on the forum or I might not be looking on the right spot. I have my SX 1 open at this time to replace the fans and update my ram and I thought I might as well replace the battery.
My questions are: "What type of battery is used and were to locate the battery"?

Harrie

Harrie,

I'm guessing that you have already replaced your batter y by now but in case you haven't it is a CR2032 button cell and it is located on the motherboard. It is the round metal battery in the black retainer next to the blue connector in the attached photo of my bare spare board . You have to dive into the machine to get to it but it's not to bad a chore.

Motherboard.jpg

Reactions: Hubert Temba
Thanks for the response Russ. I did already replaced the battery and added the extra memory stick. Put the whole thing back together and everything works fine. So now I have a SX 1 LE with upgraded 160 GB hard drive, 512 memory and a fresh battery.

sx1 is now good for another 10 years !
i wish my aw4416 consoles were that easy, i gotta resolder the memory/battery chip when it dies ..
mark

Yeah most things are well thought through with the SX 1. The only problem is that I always have screws left over after I operated the inside. So many different screws to keep track off.
Harrie

pictures as you remove things helps as well as magnetic trays ;-)

I think I'm beginning to see that I need CMOS battery replacement. Or NURAM When I turn on my machine it says
Check System Health: ?
Main Processor: AMD--Durin(m) 850
Checking NURAM .. No NURAM.
262144KB OK

Wait...

CMOS/GPNUChecksum Bad

Press F1 to run set up
Press F2 to load default values and continue

Can someone help me by telling me how to fix this. I like thus machine and I'm satisfied with the work I have produced on this. Please help.
Hubert

Thanks for the response Russ. I did already replaced the battery and added the extra memory stick. Put the whole thing back together and everything works fine. So now I have a SX 1 LE with upgraded 160 GB hard drive, 512 memory and a fresh battery.

What type of ram did you use?

New threads

Members online