Beginners guide to dm24

Brown

Gear owned
Dm-24
hi to all the dm24 masters

I have came across dm24 just last week to set up a small recording studio. I just cannot seem to solve one simple problem. Getting a signal from the mic.

I have read the manuals cover to cover 3 times and now am very familiar to all the controls and routings and all that. I just cannot seem to get any signal from any channels.

The preamp and trim functions are functional as I used the insert to send and check the signal on external processors, but post trim, I cannot seem to see any signal in the dm24 parameters (module, metering, nor through anolog or digital(assigned accordingly) outputs. I have set the IO settings to see inputs from mic/line.

One thing i am considering a possibility is that I have the console disconnected from the actual setup to take it back home to study...so i am also wondering if not having connected outputs "stops" the whole signal flow in First place...which I doubt

Sorry for blabbing on, here are the list of questions if anyone can help me answer

1. Settings where "signal flows on" after preamp trim level.

2. Is it possible that not having the outputs or returns connected is causing this issue?

3. The overload/status led indicators are all lit on every channel except master buss channel when the meter is set to post

4. The meters show a constant signal that "rides" along the fader when on post metering and straight up "block" signal when on pre or input metering.

6. Do i have to send each channels to a aux or buss to get a signal ????which I already tried, by using channel assigned controls to send it direct, stereo, auxes and all but nothing changed..

By now, I don't even know where I need to start...

Help and save a poor Tascam noob here please...

Here are some pictures I can upload any amound of more pictures if requested

IMG_2403.JPG
IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2406.JPG IMG_2407.JPG IMG_2408.JPG IMG_2408.JPG IMG_2410.JPG IMG_2411.JPG

Though I have a DM3200 myself, I think the trick is in the Output Assignment: If the 24 is anything like the 3200, select Direct and Stereo in the CH ASSIGN section to ON and under Control Room, select the stereo switch to ON. Hope this helps..

Reactions: emmanuel
Thanks for the reply but it seems to be not working, i have assigned to all possible out puts in all possible routings, including direct and to stereo...

I am getting a straight square type noise on digital outs and nothing but floor noise on analog outs and meters showing in parameters are the same as above...

For the last try...would you be able to tell me what you would do if you got your 3200 new in the box ? Step by step...to just set up a mic and get a signal through any output if you can......thanks so much

Well, I don't think I'll be telling you anything new, since it looks you've done your homework on this mixer. But from the top of my head; connect mic to CH1, switch phantom on as required, set gain, select mixer channel 1, select Routing button, check that M/L1 is selected as input for this channel, select Direct and Stereo buttons On. Check input signal on the display, move channel and stereo fader up, make sure stereo is selected in the monitor section and that should be it.

Maybe if you can make a screenshot of your Output and Assign Section tabs of the I/O screen it could shed some more light on it.. BTW; interesting that on each of your Meter screenshots the stereo output shows full scale signal, suggesting routing is done, but you're not listening at the right output?

And maybe the DM-24 has some secrets that I don't know about that someone with the same mixer can help you with.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.