Best Software for Tascam DM 3200/4800

Stewart

Gear owned
Tascam 3200
Hey guys, I'm currently using Pro Tools 10 (student version) and am looking to either upgrade it or get a different program to accompany my DM 3200. I use outboard pre-amps and some outboard compression, but use everything else in the board and Pro Tools. I use an iMac and just upgraded to Yosemite.

What does everybody recommend as the best program to use with the Tascam DM 3200/4800? I'm open to moving to Logic, Cubase or any other program if those might work more seamlessly with the 3200/4800 with iMac.

Thanks always for the great advice!!!
-Stewart

They all work fine with the DM. Choose the DAW that fits your style/preferences/workflow.

All that said, the best DAW is the one I use. Digital Performer by MOTU. Of course. ;)

Cubase rules :)

Reactions: Arjan P
Thanks guys!! It seems like Pro Tools has always been a bit troublesome setting up the I/O's and getting the basics down with my 3200 and iMac.

I'm researching mainly Logic X and Cubase. Haven't looked at Digital Performer till you mentioned it Jim and it looks really user friendly. I'll do some more research. I like that Logic has a preset emulator in the Tascam board settings already. My computer is an iMac i7 quad-core 3.4GHz with 12GB Ram.

Is Logic X easy to use for a novice like myself? Has does Cubase compare? Thanks!

There's the Steinberg preset as well. Cubase with DM3200 is stupid easy as others here will confirm. All down to preference and budget. As Jim says, it works wit all DAWS.

I've been with Cubase since the Atari days so I might be slightly biased.. Cubase rules! ;)

Reactions: Laplayantonio
Arjan,

Oh yes the Atari days, I remember them quite well when I had 2 Atari's in the same room the Otari and th Atari, lol I've used them all and Cuebase Rolls right with them all !!!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.