Boss Singer Live Effects

John Freeman

Gear owned
Tascam DP24-SD
I have a direct line out of my Boss Acoustic Singer Live into my Tascam DP-24 - It has a harmony effect that I can control with an expression pedal. It all sounds great in my earphones when I record but in playback the harmony effect is not captured, nowhere to be found. The chorus and reverb effect from the Boss are there - just not the harmony.

Anybody got a clue?

Did you assign the input to a track and arm the track?

And, did you read the information for new users (check my signature)? There Isa ton of info on interfacing outboard equipment with the DP machines.

Reactions: Max Relic
Yes. I hear the harmony in my headphones from the Teac as I play. It's only one three pin cord. It can't be on a separate channel.

Last edited:
You are hearing things from an output that is different from the one you record from. Even if it's only one channel to record, the Boss apparently lets you choose what comes out of it, and the headphone output can be something different.. I'd try the tip from Phil and change that output select switch.

Reactions: -mjk- and Max Relic
I am listening to the output from my Tascam - again, there is only one input and I hear the harmony in the Tascam - should all be one signal. I would love to be able to separated the main vocal and harmony.

I would love to be able to separated the main vocal and harmony.
This depends entirely on the capabilities of your particular unit (which I'm too lazy to look up/research for you...).
As evidence:
I have the marvelous Vocalist Live 5 - VERY capable harmony unit...BUT does NOT offer the ability to separate the original vocal from the harmony blend.
Meanwhile - I also have the TC Helicon Harmony G-XT...a much simpler unit, but absolutely mind-blowing harmony quality...AND it's configurable to separate the main ("dry") vocal and the harmonized ("wet") vox blend to separate outputs.
Yer just gonna haveta RTM for your unit, and figure out what its' routing capabilities are. Worst-case: inquire of BOSS product/tech support...I'm pretty sure THEY have an answer for ya. Good luck -

I imported the wrong V track - a previous, dry vocal
LOVE it. Occam's Razor can explain SO much in this world...:rolleyes:

For those who are in the TL-DR zone: Occam's Razor states that of all the possible solutions to a problem, the simplest one is probably the correct one.

Reactions: -mjk-
A fancy term for common sense.

Reactions: shredd and Logrinn
shredd said:
Occam's Razor can explain SO much in this world...:rolleyes:

-mjk- said:
A fancy term for common sense.

True, but it's becoming less and less common lately!

Turns out the availability of the internet & smart phones, giving us instant access to all the world's knowledge at our fingertips -- has NOT made our collective society any smarter...

Old No7

New threads

Members online

No members online now.