Bounced - No Vocal

Doodle46

Veteran
Gear owned
Recorder, Guitars, Keys
I bounced ALL stereo tracks of my song, as instructed. Everything bounced, except the vocal. On the nominated bounce track, I hear everything, except the vocal track.
Puzzled again!!!

Is your fader up for the vocal track? Not sure how you bounced, but if the bounce tracks only contain the effect, then you have to re-blend the vocal with the effect during playback.

I will re-check that, but I’m sure the fader was up.
This was my method, as I understand it.
1. Pressed bounce button.
2. Selected ALL tracks to be bounced.
3. Pressed Rec button on nominated track.
4. Lowered fader on nominated track.
5. Pressed Record.
6. When finished, all music tracks played, but the vocal was not there.
• After-Thought: I wonder if bouncing Music & Vocal to a Single Mono Track has anything to do with the vocal not recording?!

Last edited:
Between steps 3 & 4, you need to turn up the faders for all the tracks you selected in step 2. The relative levels of these individual sources is completely up to you. If any are turned down, they won't get onto the bounce destination.
My previous comment was meant during playback. I didn't know you'd intended to bounce everything, including the vocal onto the destination track.

On all tracks selected to Bounce, I pushed the faders up. Not full-up, but quite a bit, as I needed them.

I thought I could bounce several tracks to a destination track. If the answer is “No,” then I’m more confused than I thought.

• I bounced Tracks: 9/10 - 13/14 - 15/16 - 17/18 - 19/20 - 21/22 - 23/24 to destination Track 6
• Track 9/10 is Vocal, all others are musical instruments.

• Now that I think about it, I’ve done this before with no problem. ???

Last edited:
You can bounce multiple tracks so no problem there. If you use the monitor select button, you can listen to the bounce before recording. That way you can hear if all the tracks (and the vocal) are present.
Just thought... why are you bouncing stereo tracks to a mono? This may cause problems with panning. There's a warning in the videos about this.

While in bounce mode, with destination tracks armed (red light blinking)... before you record... you can press the Monitor button and select Bounce to hear what you're about to record. You can press Play and can now set all source track levels at this point so you know *before* recording what will be recorded.

This is a small (fun) project (Lullaby) for my wife’s granddaughter. I bounced the tracks to a mono track for simplicity when transported to my computer.
I could hear my wife’s vocal while bouncing, and that’s why I thought it was fine. Surprisingly, it was not.

If you bounced to a mono track... and are not hearing something you expected to be there... it may be a Pan setting that is the problem??

I agree with you, Phil. I think it’s because I bounced to a mono track.
When I had success before, it was before showed me how to Pan Left & Right for stereo. I did the panning this time, and that’s a major difference. I think that’s the problem. I will try again, but this time, I will bounce to a stereo track.

I do, now, remember you saying that it would only pick up one side of the stereo track. It slipped my mind.

You could always just mixdown! :)
If you've got all the tracks how you want them and it's just a case of mixing them together ready for copying to the computer, then why not mixdown?
Bouncing has many advantages, such as being able to re-process bounced tracks again and again, but really if you're just about wrapped up, then go forwards into the big mix :)

Okay! I bounced all of the same tracks to a nominated STEREO track, and this was successful.
Tutorial 9, which I went back and listened to, does cover this very clearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Tipping
That’s a great question, Phil. The thing is, if I do the mixdown, then I have to transport all these tracks to my computer. No problem there, but then I have to put them all in Audacity to form them into one track.
Truth is, I’m not very well oriented on that. I’m working on it, but for this project, I took the easier way out. Unless you have a suggestion for a better way to make one song out of all these tracks. : )

Mixdown creates one file - the result of the mix. Copy it to your computer and it's ready to go, convert to mp3, burn to CD, etc. Don't understand why you'd want to copy the tracks? .... I'm waiting for that 'aahhhh' moment...I hope! :)

That sounds great, Phil. If I can learn it the way you just described it, then Im a happy guy!
Here is my experience:
1. I went to Audio Depot where I had a list of song tracks.
2. I checked the boxes to tracks I wanted to Export.
3. I went to USB & connected.
4. I ran my USB cable.
5. I clicked on the DP-32sd box that was put on my PC screen.
6. In Audio Depot, there was 90 ZZ Tracks. I have since learned to ignore those, but all of my other tracks are there also.
7. So I checked out Audacity and ???
• This was all after Mix/Master.
• If you can teach me a better way, I’m all ears.
I’m obviously missing something.

Are you saying that, when I go to the DP32 Audio Depot, I should have only one file there to transport?

Well there are issues here.
AudioDepot should not contain any ZZ files. The ZZ files only exist in the individual song folder under the Music folder, and are for the machine's use only, so should not be touched.
The AudioDepot folder is a temporary holding location for importing and exporting individual tracks, should you wish to do this.
If you perform the mixdown process, the machine will mix all the tracks together and create a single 'master file'. This file does not go to the AudioDepot folder. It goes to the song folder, and it just needs copying (i.e. not 'exporting') to your computer. Its name will be the same as the song name.

Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online