Bounced - No Vocal

OOOH!!! I’ve been going down the wrong road! I have no idea how to copy songs from my DP32 to my computer. When I used my neo2488, it handed me a CD, and I had no problems. I’m determined to figure this out!

Given the confusion, if you have Google Hangouts on your computer, we can try a video link up. I think a few minutes one-to-one may help to clarify things. Bear in mind I'm on UK London time :)

I’m not familiar with Google Hangouts, but I will check into it. If it’s very costly, then my wife steps into the picture. I will check it out though. One way or another I’m going to get this. You have been a great help. Unfortunately, if it doesn’t have strings & tuning keys, I’m not real knowledgeable about it. I am a good guitar player though. : )

It should all be free so don't spend any money!
Yes this is a common 'problem' I've seen from comments on the videos. These machines are complete recording studios in a box, so it's unrealistic to expect to use it like a basic stereo cassette recorder of old. You can use it this way, but as soon as you want to do something extra which seems simple, like adding effects, or adding an overdub, you're thrown into the recording engineer's world, which means new techniques & terminology, all of which takes time, effort and patience... very frustrating if you're in a hurry. It's like me expecting a quick step-by-step guide for playing the guitar from scratch ready for a stage performance - it ain't gonna happen without a lot of training! :)
Keep at it though, Doug; you have the perseverance so you'll get there in the end.

Reactions: Mark Richards
PHIL ... I don’t know what happened to my last comment, but it appears to have disappeared. So, I will rewrite it.
I basically told you that I took the last info you gave me to my workstation. Rather than bounce the tracks, I followed your suggestion and Mix/Mastered the tracks. After that, I copied the song in the song folder, sent it to the computer, and there was my song.
My (computer) folder doesn’t say Song Folder, it says Music. So, I opened the Music folder, and there was my song title, sitting on top of a whole lot of ZZ Files, which I ignored. I converted my song to .mp3, and I was in business.
This changes my home recording to a much better experience. Thank you very much!

Excellent! The confusion with 'song folder' is probably my fault. There is no folder called 'song'. All songs are held in sub-folders which are under the overall MUSIC folder. Each song's folder has a name which is the same as the song's name on the machine. So when I use the term 'song folder' I really mean the relevant sub-folder for your particular song as I don't know what you've called them! The crucial point is that the AudioDepot folder is separate beast; it's a temporary folder used for import & export only, and plays no part when recording or playing back songs. The individual song sub-folders inside the MUSIC folder are where the ZZ files live, and it's these which shouldn't be touched. It's also where the master file is held for that song. This is the only file in the 'song' folder which can be copied and used on a computer.

Hi Phil,
Thank you for your input. Sometimes we record late night/mornings, so we just woke-up at 4:00pm CST (or CTT) Central Texas Time. : )
Eventually my light-bulb (sometimes) comes on.
2 + 2 = deciding the Music Folder was what I needed to open. It also took my brain a little while to understand that the DP-32 Song Folder was in the Menu. As you said: In the world of recording, there are a lot engineer terminologies to learn. On that note, I’m looking forward to purchasing your Guide, as soon as my pay-day gets here. Do I pay for it thru PayPal?
Thank you for all your help, Phil. I will continue referring to your YouTube tutorials, as well as the Guide, but I know there will be more questions to ask you and other forum members. David, Mark, Dunny, and others, have been a big help to me. I haven’t had time to work more on my Lexicon “External Effects,” because of our need to record. I’m using Internal Effects for now, and that is serving me pretty well.

Last edited:
No problem Doug, it's refreshing to still have a forum with so much active support... so many have been replaced by facebook groups where all the useful info is in one lump and scrolls away over time! The latest guide should be a handy reference; have now set up a PayPal link so you can just click it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.