Buzzing sound through mics in monitor loop but not in recorded mix

Jack Saunders

Gear owned
Tascam US 16x08
About half a year ago I decided to buy recording equipment so me and my band could start keeping track of ideas in songwriting. The setup is as follows, guitar mic: Superlux PRA 628MKII, bass mic: Superlux Pro 218A, drum mics: Samson 8 KIT, interface: Tascam US16x08, headphone amp: Behringer H400, IEMs: Shure SE215s, laptop: random 2010-2011 ASUS. All of the mics run into the interface, headphone out into the headphone amp, into the monitors, USB cable from the interface to the laptop into Pro Tools.

Now the problem is that although all of my drivers are up to date on the laptop, I get this really annoying buzzing sound whenever I hit a drum or play a string on the guitar that matches a certain frequency range. Basically it sounds like the certain frequency is being distorted through the IEMs. However when I record into Pro Tools; the sound is crystal clear, so I'm not completely sure what is causing the issue. It has to be something in the monitor loop since all of the mics and interface etc. are working fine in the mix. I have tested each set of monitors by themselves using audio from my phone and they all work fine. I just can't think of what it could possibly be.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

New threads

Members online