Can you use a stereo pair as mono track?

Bugatti

Gear owned
Tascam sd24dp
Hi

Is there any way to use a stereo track pair - DP24SD - as a mono track?

I can’t see any obvious way to do this, so I wondered if anyone has found how it’s done - complicated or not!

Thanks

I'm not CERTAIN I'm helping...my MTR is an O/G DP-32, and I'm far too lazy/indifferent to find/download/RTM for you.
BUT: on my '32, if I go to the [ASSIGN] screen and highlight a stereo track, there's a function-button option to change it back & forth to a mono track (and then, of course, assign a single input to it).
Check it out. If it works, feel free to contribute to my Inevitable Institutionalization Fund.:p

Thanks for trying to help - much appreciated!

The DP24SD doesn’t have that same function button on Assign/Stereo, I wish it did as that would make things a lot easier in my case.

Reactions: shredd
Sorry @Bugatti - I had a suspicion that my DP-32's method miiiight not work on a '24, or the newer xxSD models. But it was worth a shot...
I haveta say - it's a freekin' STELLAR feature/function, and was fundamental in my long-drawn-out decision to emigrate from my 2488neo (which I just LOVED) to the DP-32. Adds considerable flexibiity!

Hopefully someone who's more familiar with the '24SD can address it...good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bugatti
Sorry but that is not possible on the DP-24.

Hi, I’ve now discovered a way to use a stereo pair as a mono track (DP24SD) - if the purpose is to move a mono track to it and thus create a spare track.

A recorded mono track is exported, then imported it to either side of a stereo pair.

The ‘stereo pair, will then act as a mono track and can be panned etc. to suit.

Reactions: Max Relic and -mjk-
Yes that will work just fine.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.