Can't export track

Findlay

Veteran
Gear owned
244 DP32
After years of fault free recordings a strange thing happened today. I did a few 20 second vocal overdubs individually on 4 tracks on my DP32-SD.All seemed fine and they play back ok. I then tried to export the files and found one track wouldn't export - I just got the message "Export Failed". The others exported OK. I tried cloning the track and exporting again but still got the same message, It's not a vital track but wondered if anyone else had encountered this and if there is a fix? I'm using the recommended Sandisk Extreme Pro card.

Last edited:
If you do a search you'll find some posts on "export fail".

Last edited:
Reactions: Findlay
Thanks. It seems it is very likely a corrupted file. Strange that it still plays ok though!

Thanks for that, must try it. I've sort of fixed it for now I think by bouncing the track on to a new one. The bounced track exports ok. Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem, though it seems rare.

Just guessing here, but it could be that the header of the wav-file was corrupted in such a way that it couldn’t be exported, but playback was possible because of the machine not using that particular information.

Reactions: Findlay

New threads

Members online

No members online now.