Can't select s/pdif inputs

wyntka

Gear owned
DM3200 IF-FWDM DR100MKII
Hello everyone,

I want to use one of the coaxial spdif inputs, but cannot select it. I have used the XLR inputs for years to bring in a 4ch mic pre, but I can't figure out how to change the digital input from XLR to RCA. The Digital I/O screen won't let me cursor into the Digital In windows of either IN1 or IN2. I have an active signal there, and I unplugged the XLR connections. Any thoughts? Thanks

RCA was ever an input output choice? Don't recall. Need to investigate.

The manual says
"Digital inputs: The word length (16BIT or 24BIT) and the input selected using the routing screens (XLR or RCA) are automatically determined and displayed."
Which is why I was hoping that unplugging my XLR AES/EBU signals would cause it to switch to RCA, but no luck. The part about 'automatically determined' is a little discouraging.
Thanks for any insight you can provide!

RCA do you mean spidif?

I don't think it's set from that page. I can't remember where off hand but it might be the (general) settings page where you choose between AES and SPDIF? Dig around and you'll find it. I'll have a look at my DM later on when I'm back at the studio.

[EDIT] just checked the Manual online. You have to choose the type of digital input you want before you can select it - see page 40 of the manual. AES vs SPDIF is set on the "digital I/O setup" page (alt+routing) on the "format" tab. Good luck!

Last edited:

New threads

Members online