Compatible SD cards for DP-32SD?

"Those firmware updates caused the machine to malfunction no matter what card you were using."

Which ones? I just updated to 1.6, which version should I use? I'm really confused now.

Liquid, each firmware release has notes that detail the issues that the release addresses. Which one you use is up to you. I'm a latest-release guy. Others may see no need to upgrade. You can always revert to an earlier version. The DP-32 1.10 release specifically dealt with file errors. Since upgrading, those errors are gone. The SD card specific errors are all gone too, since upgrading the card.

We (the forum users) recently discovered that the firmware releases available on the various Tascam sites do vary, so check the USA and international sites too.

Liquid, each firmware release has notes that detail the issues that the release addresses. Which one you use is up to you. I'm a latest-release guy. Others may see no need to upgrade. You can always revert to an earlier version. The DP-32 1.10 release specifically dealt with file errors. Since upgrading, those errors are gone. The SD card specific errors are all gone too, since upgrading the card.

We (the forum users) recently discovered that the firmware releases available on the various Tascam sites do vary, so check the USA and international sites too.

Oh boy... why would they do that? Shouldn’t there be one firmware release to rule them all? I’m getting close to overload but if anyone has opinions about which version of the latest firmware for the 32SD is the most reliable I’d be interested in hearing from them. For now I think I’ll make sure I have the one from the US website on my machine.

Reactions: -mjk-
https://tascam.com/us/product/dp-32sd/download

https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/DP-32SD

Both of these links point to the latest firmware version for the DP-32SD (version 1.06). Unless someone can say differently for sure - I assume that this latest firmware version is the same from both sources (one US, one EU). If you need/want to - simply download both and you'll have them at your disposal.

I have been running it since it's recent release and have had zero issues. Having said that - if/when an "error" does pop up again, after working with this machine for several years now, I will not assume that it is a deal-breaker problem. These machines are not *perfect*. But they're solid enough that when there have been "issues" - either Tascam addresses it - or users in forums like this one help with problem solving and work-arounds.:)

Last edited:
So I decided to see if I could differentiate between the two firmware source files. In the compressed/unzipped folder form - one folder is slightly bigger than the other. This is because it contains some extra files that the other does not. But the raw, specific firmware file that is to be uploaded to the DP-32SD (from both sources) is:

"DP-32SD_018.106"

Okay. I have one of the versions of 1.06. Just going to use it, not worry about anything, and hope for the best.

Hi David. So it seems that all the raw upgrade files that are in common with the various repositories are the same. It's just that there doesn't seem to be a single repository for all the releases (perhaps we should make one?). And, why would the same raw upgrade file be bundled with different files, unless there was a language difference? I know that when I went searching for the latest firmware for my older DP-32 I was quite surprised to find different versions in different repositories even though they were all English. If you check these sites I screen capped, you'll see the same thing for the DP-32SD too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-14-09-48-16_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-12-14-09-48-16_1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2018-12-14-09-47-59_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-12-14-09-47-59_1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi David. So it seems that all the raw upgrade files that are in common with the various repositories are the same.

It seems that way. At least, in this instance anyway. From the sources that I exampled above - the specific raw firmware files from both sources are 1797 KB in size. Like I mentioned above - the unzipped folders that contain the raw firmware files have varying contents, it seems - this accounts for the size differences in the photos your shared.

On another note... I am getting *excellent* results capturing vocals through WA-87----> TB12 mic pre----> WA-2A compressor----> into DP. Just wow.:):)

David, audio files please, or it never happened! Lol

I'm setting up my Soundcraft Ghost console shortly, so I can use its mic pres and EQ for recording vocals on the DP-32. There are huge advantages using those analog devices!

I made sure I was on the US version of the site and just redid the firmware update, I'm waiting for the SD card in the mail so I had time haha.

You should be good to go, liquid!

I’m up and running. Working on mic position.
Not sure how to switch from 16 to 24 bit though, can’t find anything in the manual about it. Otherwise I’m liking this machine a lot.

Liquid, that option is part of the song creation process, and can't be altered after the fact. Under the song name are the resolution options.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-16-11-27-07_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-12-16-11-27-07_1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
If you want to upscale the resolution after the fact, you have to export all tracks, use software to change the resolution (max is 24bit 48kHz), create a new song with those parameters and import those tracks to the new song. Perhaps a bit tedious, but doable.

Good to know. All I had recorded was a click track so I’ll just do it over.

I...can’t find anything in the manual about it...

If you haven't already, d/l the .pdf version of the manual from the TASCAM site. Loading the manual in Acrobat Reader, you can then search on any term(s) in which you're interested. A real time saver and frustration minimizer.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.