Copy and paste issues

Tony G

Gear owned
DP 24
I'm trying to loop a guitar part and can't seem to get a clean in and out. I'm new the DP-24's editing capabilities and it's not a clean in-time edit. Is there something I'm missing here?

Tony G

Hi Tony, not sure what you mean by 'clean'. If you mean the timing is not right, you can increase the resolution of the jog wheel by pressing the Jog Play button and using the cursor buttons. You should be able to get down to approx. 3ms accuracy. If you mean there's a click at the join point, the waveform display (also via Jog Play) should help to locate the loop point to some point in the audio where any clicks will be masked. The track edit operations are very quick and can be undone, so you can keep tweaking the time markers until you get it spot on.
Update: you'll need the display set to Absolute time to see resolutions down to 3ms (actually 1/10th frame, where there are 30 frames per second). If it's showing beat & bars, you won't see this.

Last edited:
Thanks, Phil. Yes, the 1st is my question. I'll be back on DP-24 this week and I'll approach the cut and paste knowing this. Could you do a short How-To video on this? If the cut and paste is this easy then the value of this machine has greatly increased for me.

Tony G

Track Edit wasn't covered in the youtube tutorials, but it is in the step-by-step guide, along with all the ways of positioning the transport, either accurately for precision edits and deleting markers, or less accurately by scrolling. Details are here http://philizound.co.uk/freebies/dp24-32/dp24-32.html along with a link to the contents page so you can see if it covers the topics you would be interested in.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.