Copy EQ, effects & panning between songs on mixdown

Rogge

Gear owned
DP24
So I have all of the tracking done on the 15 songs of my project. I mixed down one song and got all of the settings where I want them for each track, and then applied the mastering tools. I'm quite happy with the results. Since every track has the same instrument or vocal on every song, can I somehow copy these settings to my other 14 songs, or do I have to write down every setting for every track and then manually re-enter for every song? Thanks!

Rogge, assuming each of your 15 songs have been recorded individually in separate song files, far as I know you can't copy the settings directly from one recorded song to the other 14 recorded songs after they've all been recorded.

The only solution I can think of would be:
(a) load, save and protect the one song you've completed (let's call that "song#1").
(b) after loading "song#1", create a new song called "mixdownset", then save it and and assure it's protected. This will carry over into an empty song all your "song#1" settings except the fader settings from "song#1".
(c) load "song#2" and export all the tracks to Audio Depot.
(d) load the empty "mixdownset" song, then save it as "song#2mix", and unprotect "song#2mix". This retains "mixdownset" as an empty song for use again later and applies the settings used in "song#1" to "song#2mix".
(e) import all the "song#2" tracks from Audio Depot into "song#2mix".
(f) mix and master "song#2mix".
Repeat for the remaining songs ("song#3"/"song#3mix", etc.) If the fader settings will be the same for all the remaining songs, just leave them as they were for the "song#1" mix.

Others may have alternate methods that may work better for you, so give folks a little time to respond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Tipping
Mark's suggestion will definitely work, but if you or anyone else has the patience to try some experiments, there may be a quicker way. Note I've never confirmed this so it's at your own risk:
There are two .sys files inside each song folder. I've a hunch that one is for holding a table of which 'zz' files are used in each track, and the other is for overall settings, such as FX, EQ settings etc. If this is true and they are independent of each other, you could try copying the 'settings' sys file from the processed song into the others. I strongly suggest you copy the song folders to a computer as a backup first, or create some new 'test' songs to verify.
I don't believe tinkering like this will damage the machine itself - at worst it would mess up the whole sd-card, but I cannot accept any responsibility.
I'd check it myself, but have just moved house so all the studio gear is still packed up... might be some time as my wife's priorities are with everything non-studio related for some reason :)

Going forward, if you want all songs mixed with the same settings, after completing the first song, Save and Protect it. Then Create a new empty song called "template", turn off your EQ and effects but keep the settings, then Save and Protect the "template" song file.

For each new song, Load the template, Save as your "song-title", and Unprotect it. Then start recording your new song tracks. When you're ready to mix, turn on the EQ and effects.

This method is a variation of Phil Tipping's that he describes in his excellent free video tutorials found in the sticky post section on the "2488 and DP24/32" Forum home page.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.