Copy from one track, paste in another song?

Saxomohawh

Veteran
Gear owned
Dp 24 sd
Like the title says: Is it possible to copy a selection of a track and paste it in another SONG? If so, how?

The normal track copy/paste only applies to the current song, but you could copy/paste the slice to a spare track, export the track (so it goes into the AudioDepot folder). Then load/create your target song and import it.

The target song is already created, so guess it would work to import a new track to it from the AudioDepot folder, and then copy the selection from that track and paste it where I want it. I shall try!

Yes you can do the selection before or after the export/import. Doing it before means you're only creating a subset of the track, which might a good thing if it's a long track and you're short of space on the SD card. You'd just need to remember to delete the temporary track from the source song after you've exported it (or Undo the copy/paste operation).

A little different situation. 8 songs recorded during a concert at church. I want to take each song and make a new song file of just that song. Any copy/paste option that will do that? Will I have to copy the whole concert 8 times and delete everything but the one song in each of those copied files?

You could mix it down several times. The first time, set the in an out times only for the first tune. This way you could do fade in/out also if you want. Then do another mix of the second tune, then the third etc. And save them separately. Or you could make one big final mix and "cut" it afterwards in a computer if you have that possibility.

Thank you. Just bought this Portastudio. Had a full recording studio in the 70s / 80s. Currently am all digital in my video work and having a blast with this studio-in-a-box!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.