Creating a submix on DM3200

Blickerding

From
Jersey Shore
Gear owned
DM3200
I looked for, and was unable to find, a post in creating a submix. for the DM.

I am wanting to get a stereo Sub-mix of my drums (more so the toms-maybe include the overheads) for a live recording session. Only having 16 slot outputs, I would not be able to get all the drum mics along with guitars bass vocals and keys to go through 16. (20 would be great)

I have thought about it but am unable to figure a way to create the routing to get several mics to go through 2 of the 16 outputs, and then keep those two as stereo in my DAW. I thought about going through the Aux sends (using 2, obviously) but they don't have a Slot output.... just a physical hardware out.. I'd like not sending those signals out, only to return them through another channel, in order to get it to the Slot output.. ( I could send them out Aux 1 and 2 then at the patch bay, hook them up to a couple line ins to the DM, then to Slot out)

Any help/suggestions...

Last edited:
Your question has kept me puzzled for some days. Here is a way it can be done, though it's not very practical I think, because you will need a lot of channels.
Since all the busses except the stereo buss are mono, you need two busses to create a stereo submix. Let us assume busses Aux 3 and Aux 4.
Now choose two channels for your subgroup, let's say 15 and 16. In the input screen assign Aux 3 to Ch 15 and Aux 4 to Ch 16, using Loopback. Route Ch 15 and Ch 16 to your slot outputs. In your DAW use these as inputs for your stereo channel.
You can "pan" the DM's Input's between Ch 15 an Ch 16 with the two knobs/faders of Aux 3 and Aux 4.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online

No members online now.