"Crickets" (Awful quiet here lately...)

Old No7

From
Southern Maine
Gear owned
Tascam DP-24SD
And by me too! (Guilty as charged!)

It's going to be c-c-c-c-cold in the Northeast this weekend -- (-12) or worse -- and hopefully somebody will do some recording on their 2488 or DP and have something to ask or write about.

I KNOW we'll all get back to business here sometime soon; I just want to say I check in just about every day, and while my DP has sat unused for too long now, I hope we all get back at it soon!

Either that -- or we all FINALLY read all of the stickies above, all watched Phil's awesome videos, and all read his excellent user manual stem-to-stern several times. ;)

Surely, we can't have resolved every question anyone ever had?!?!

Old No7

Reactions: dctdct and shredd
I'm still here every day, mainly chatting to @shredd about our 'across the big pond' collaborations.

I'm using my DP32SD every day recording my 2 bands and my feeble attempts to add drums and bass to Shredd's song lol

EDIT
Had written a long-winded reply to this...but was mostly off-topic.

SO I'll get to the point:
I agree w/OP..."traffic" seems pretty light nowadays!!!
Here's the point of my much-too-long post, now edited out:
So - to answer OP's question - I dunno where the heck everyone is! There's SO much great Tascam gear out there, and no limit to the questions/issues they create...personally, I find the forum a great resource. Not to mention some fine musicians, and some seriously brilliant people. But...I also think that everyone's busy and things like haunting forums tends to fall through the cracks...

Last edited:
No news is good news, right?
All Tascam equipment is working properly and everyone knows how to operate them. No projects finished that haven't already been commented on. All is well with the world!

No news is good news, right?
All Tascam equipment is working properly and everyone knows how to operate them. No projects finished that haven't already been commented on. All is well with the world!
Actually, I agree w/ @Arjan P - no news is good news. And it means that the forum does one of its' functions perfectly - allows people to log in and search for/find answers to problems/questions that have been answered ages ago, often repeatedly!

But...I visit often (that's what happens when you have absolutely nothing else in life to do...), to see what's happening with who...and also am interested in collaboration/s...and just enjoy communing with other musicians/studio-nuts...so I definitely don't like the "crickets"...

Reactions: -mjk- and Arjan P
Sorry... Guilty as charged...

I have been busy trying to find just the right instrument from my collection to play rhythm chords along with my acoustic guitar. I tried recording my big Yamaha keyboard in "Church Organ" mode and hated it. It completely turned the whole piece into a gospel type of tune, which it is not. Right now I am practicing with various keyboard sounds, like a Fender Rhodes emulator and make the chord patterns as quick 1/8th note arpeggios.

At the same time, I have been blasting my Fender Stratocaster through my Boss Katana amp and tweaking just the right delay speed & repeats as heard on Rush's famous "2112" album. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-
I used to love the Fender Rhodes , until we found a keys player with one and helped her carry it, man they are so freaking heavy.

Reactions: ButchA and -mjk-
And yet the Rhodes were nothing compared to the Yamaha CP80, their electric grand … :(

yamaha-cp-80-1435528.jpg

yamaha-cp-80-428246.jpg

I wouldn’t want to haul another of those around ever again.

my back went out just looking at that pic lol

I saw an ad for a digital piano stool, but i reckon it was made from wood.....

Reactions: ButchA and Manslick

New threads

Members online

No members online now.