Cubase MIDI Controller Video

Great video! I think this deserves a sticky as well (also seeing it being mentioned in the Cubase Forums)

Reactions: jamsire
Cool video man! but I do have a question..

I use Logic 9 and X and I am going to mess around with it a little and try and do the same thing. I think I will be able to figure it out eventually, however if I am using the user defined layer for controlling my 24 tracks (using USB - port 1, 2 and 3 for the full 24 faders and pans) I assume would have to alternatively use the midi out of the console into the firewire card midi in to send the control messages to learn the functions etc? I think you mentioned something about that?

Im still new to this sort of programming in logic and with the desk. So far I have been happy using the user layer and mixing in the box however the best way to learn is to mess around with it all etc. I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers and cool vids!

Well - HI!!

Let me say again that I have no clue about Logic.

I am wondering, however, why you aren't using the Logic Ext. Control in the Remote Layer, which would free up your User Defined Layer for CC# messages?

That's the way to go!

To be honest I don't have much idea about this stuff. I followed an instruction vid and document regarding using the console with logic etc. Its on sweetwater and in the tascam docs.

I will give your suggestion a try and see what I can come up with. I think its possible with logic but I need to set the desk up better. Ill give it a go, and if I can manage something great I will start a thread and maybe do a vid who knows.

Thanks

I like how he rolls up his sleeves before saying "OK, let's get started."

Reactions: jamsire
To be honest I don't have much idea about this stuff. I followed an instruction vid and document regarding using the console with logic etc. Its on sweetwater and in the tascam docs.

I will give your suggestion a try and see what I can come up with. I think its possible with logic but I need to set the desk up better. Ill give it a go, and if I can manage something great I will start a thread and maybe do a vid who knows.

Thanks

Well great!! If you ever want to SKYPE, lemme know and we'll set up a time. If you check out the beginning of the Pro Tools video I did, you'll see the screen shot I have for the Ext. Control.

I didn't realize this was a stickie too! YAY!! Great week.

I did roll up my sleeves didn't I? These videos were hard work indeed. But I promised them and they were worth it. Now people are "happy" - kind of. I know I am.

Reactions: DJ X
I don't think there's a better way to teach this stuff than with a 'show and tell' video. And I commend you for color-highlighting the relevant parts of the screen menus. There's SO much going on in the DM menus, it's easy to get confused.

I've been working on an 'interweb' collaboration and the project has gone somewhat sideways (not on my end of course :) ), so I had to postpone my learning sessions. But after those problems are over, I'm back to the grind because I'm looking forward to gaining some DM control over my V/Is :)

CaptDan

Trying to setup Cubase 9.5, which has changed a lot since this video. Just got Cubase and so far liking it after dumping Sonar.
However, can't seem to get through trying to figure out where the new Cubase options are to do the DM3200 control connections.
Any pointers to the best way with Cubase 9.5?

So found a link to setup Cubase. There is one change with Cubase 9.5 in that you need to use the STUDIO pull down and click STUDIO SETUP. This brings you to the DEVICE screen. You can add MACKIE Control as a selection. There is NO selection for Mackie Control 2. You simply select Mackie Control again in the pull down and it adds it as Mackie Control 2. Set your MIDI I/O as documented and it does finally work.

Here is the link that helped me:

https://app.box.com/s/bky0qbs855i9omudf4i3df8gf1qsvxyg

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Members online