Current Status with Windows

Clinter

Gear owned
DM-4800
Can some of you PC guys confirm that a DM4800 with an FW card is playing well with windows 11? If one purchased a desktop PC and put an FW card in it, would it generally work with currently available drivers for the DM? Asking for a friend.....

Personally I'm still on Windows 10 (on a 2011 built PC) but I would be confident that the FW setup with Windows 11 would still hold up. And I'll probably have to face the music sooner or later with a new build in the not-too-far future.

IIRC, @Peter Batah is a forum member that built a new PC most recently and I thought he is on W11 too. But I'm sure he'll chime in..

Reactions: Clinter
Actually, I have not taken the Windows 11 plunge as yet. As a matter of fact I have not moved any of my corporate clients away from Windows 10 either. For no particular reason other than: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They use far too many third party specific apps and they simply cannot afford the downtime. I concur with @Arjan P I don't see there being an issue with the FW expansion card and the new OS.

Tell your "friend" to give it a try and let us know how it goes! It should work but you will still have to go in and disable just about every piece of bloatware you can find. W11 has a lot of useless stuff.

Reactions: Clinter

New threads

Members online