DA-3000 converter comparisons?

Discussion in 'DV-RA1000 and DV-RA1000HD Recorders' started by cmaffia, Apr 10, 2014.

1. cmaffia

cmaffia Moderator Staff Member

Queens, New York
    Gear:
    2 x DM3200, DA-3000
    This unit has been out for a while but there is absolutely no real user reviews or comparisons of this unit to other A/D - D/A converters which is frustrating. My Rosetta 200 crapped the bed again and while I wait for it's diagnosis I am thinking maybe a DA-3000 can replace it in A/D-D/A mode (in addition to its other features). My apprehension to buying this or any other converter is I am used to the sound of the Rosetta 200. I mix/monitor and master with my Rosetta 200 and I am not sure I want to mess with that formula by taking a chance with this unit without knowing how it compares to other high quality brands. Can anyone shed some light on this? The only comparisons I can find is that the DA-3000 sounds like the DVRA1000 series since they use same or similar converters but that doesn't help me either since I've never heard those as well.

Thanks
  2. cmaffia

cmaffia Moderator Staff Member

Queens, New York
    Gear:
    2 x DM3200, DA-3000
    Nevermind. I will answer my own question. I brought locally a barely used one for 700 bucks! It integrated perfectly with my DM3200 setup and the converters in my opinion are a step up from the Rosetta which was great but always had a mid-rangy sound. The DM-3000 converters are more even and has a really nice high end as well. Bottom is well represented ass well. It is a very transparent converter. I'm super impressed!

This was captured directly from cubase. Popped the SD card in the reader on my workstation and did a quick mastering treatment in wavelab.

https://app.box.com/s/ssdkfittz95dzi837p2b
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014