DAW control (sonar platinum) audio recording issue

Jkostelnik

Hello to all..
Brand new to forum posting, please forgive any breach of posting protocol..:)

I have a tascam Dm 3200 that I'm using as a DAW controller for sonar platinum..

I had everything running great (with a lot of help from TEAC operational support)..
I recently had a friend over who started changing things around in my setting to try and add an external clock.. After he left I had a lot of issues so I did a factory default reboot.. And then used my step by step setup document to get daw control back..here's my last hurdle..

I have transport and daw control working.. But my mic inputs are not..
I want to run a mic from external preamp into the back of the unit and then select it and arm within sonar.
I cannot get that working...I'm sure the answer is within the output assign area, but I cannot figure it out.

I used to have it set up that in 17-32 fader layer my returns were 17/18 panned hard left and right for stereo
I then had my mic plugged into channel 3 out of the preamp..
I was able to in my sonar drop down menus under input to select "left ASIO IF-FW/DM mkII in "
And record.

Does anyone have any idea how to set it back to being able to do that?!

thanks so much for any help!

I've never used Sonar, so I can't help you out of your bind -- sorry. However, I'd like to make a suggestion to help you avoid this problem in the future. When you have things working, save your settings as a library snapshot, or even as project to the mixer's compact flash card.

My DAW is Pro Tools; I mix in the box and I save all my songs on my studio computer in PT files. So, my primary purpose for saving mixer settings is the various setups I use which include routing, sample frequency and bit depth variations, etc. This way, I can freely change any mixer setting I want as I try different settings, routings, etc., etc., etc., secure in the fact that I can quickly and easily restore my mixer to a working state. In fact, I can even perform a full factory reset to test something with no concern because I know that I can recall any of my standard settings by loading a mixer project or library snapshot.

Good luck!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.