Delay before sound turns on

mkultra

Gear owned
Tascam US-20x20
this is a problem i've been having with my Tascam US-20x20 since i had it (bought it last year).

When playing a sound there's a small delay before the sound comes on, like the unit auto turns off something when it does not detect any sound, and then turns itself on when it notices that there's sound. The problem is this does not work quick enough when you play short sounds, e.g samples, the sound will be cut off because the unit turns itself off instantly when volume is 0 and then there's the delay again with turning itself on.

Does anyone know what this is, any solution etc? It's very odd. It also seems to be tied with what software you are using, some players, like VLC are worthless for playing short sounds, in fact i don't know of any media player that will turn on sound quick enough for short samples when using US-20x20.. i can open Cubase (it does not have this problem) and then use its Import function and then listen to short samples while browsing, not optimal to say the least.

I have other sound cards and they will play these short samples instantly and the sound does not get cut off like with US-20x20.

I think this delay before sound is activated has gotten worse as of late actually.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online