Deleting Master Tracks 2488NEO

Cygnus

Website
jbaronas.wix.com
Gear owned
DP32SD
Hello,
Is there a way to delete master tracks? I know one way it can be done is by "undoing" mastering, but what if I have already used the "delete unused" function so I can no longer "undo" mastering? There is nothing that I could find in the manual. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

The delete unused and undo functions are two different processes so you should be able to undo after deleting unused.

The 2488 will remember all your mastering attempts (all mastering operations are in the undo list) so you will need to undo several times until all mastering attempts are deleted.

Thanks for the reply, but that still doesn't help. Not sure if its different with other versions of the machine, but with mine (the NEO) when you "delete unused" it wipes the "undo" list clean. There is nothing to "undo", but the master tracks are still listed when I export another master track.

Could you clarify what you mean by master tracks? Is it the same as mastering (i.e, mixing down to two tracks)? If you mean deleting an individual track within a song you can do that by track edit, and clean out.

Page 63 of the manual.

Last edited:
These are the mastered / mixed down tracks not individual tracks. Sometimes I'll create mixes for the other musicians to practice along with What I do is "mixdown" using the MIXDOWN/MASTERING function, then go into the "MASTER EXPORT" menu to export the master track to my computer, convert it to mp3 and send it in an email. Now I am left with these mixes that I really don't need and are just taking up space on the drive. If I go back into the song, hit the undo button, I can undo mastering which will eliminate the mastered track that I just exported. But, if I inadvertently press "delete unused" (which I have done quite a few times / the reason for this post) it will remove the ability to "undo" mastering. "Delete unused" removes all of the recorded audio that is saved for "undoing" but doesn't delete the mastered track associated with the song.

I did look into the "clean out" function. I would assume you could select not only individual tracks and ALL tracks but also the MASTER track as well. But it is not possible.

It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to clean out some useless data.
Thanks

Hi,
The only way that I have found is to delete the song that the master belongs to. If you want to keep the song files you could copy them and back them up, then erase the song. That certainly removes the master.

Hi migofer,
Thanks for the reply. Better late than never I guess. Since my last post, my NEO bit the dust and has been replaced by a DP32SD. I really miss the NEO. It had a lot of nice features that were omitted from the DP32.

Hi Cygnus,
I've had the neo for a few years but I've more or less just got round to using it. Hope you enjoy the DP32.

New threads

Members online