Disappearing Tracks on DP-03sd

VelcroJonze

Gear owned
dp-03sd
Hello everyone. Long time Tascam user but brand new to the forums. I had a problem with my dp-03sd today. Disappearing tracks to be exact. I spent the better part of the morning recording piano tracks for a young lady. After we recorded, we listened to the tracks at her house, and we were pleased with what we had recorded. We used 6 tracks altogether. The plan was to come back to my place, bounce them down to 1 or 2 tracks, and I would add guitar and bass parts later today. Problem is, when I got home and turned the recorder back on, all of her tracks were gone. I've been using this recorder for a couple years and I'm confident I did everything by the book. Like I said, we listened to the tracks before I left.... so they were there. But now they are gone? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks in advance.
-vj

Last edited:
The only way this should happen is if you remove the SD before powering off or if you switch off at the mains socket instead of using the button on the back of the DP-03.

Cheers

Ian

Hey Ian. Thank you for the response. I think I might have unplugged without powering down. I will never do that again. Thanks!

There are warnings about it in the manual and also about not taking out the CD card until after you have powered it down. Easy mistake to make but like you say you won't do that again.

Cheers

Ian

Reactions: VelcroJonze

New threads

Members online