Display ABS and BAR?

michael cunningham

Gear owned
tascam dp32SD
I have a DP32SD. Is there any way I can display both the ABS time and the BAR/Beats at the same time?

It's a bit of a pain having to go to the metronome menu to to this, especially when I want to fing the ABS time of a particular BAR/Beat.

Stop the transport. In the upper left corner of the screen you'll see the BAR or ABS. Move the cursor there (using the cursor pad) and use the jog wheel to change it back and forth.

Hi. Thanks for your answer. But .... I cannot get a cursor in the display when Home Menu is displayed. How do I do that?

I don't have my DP24 here right now (it's in my buddy's studio). I know the 2488neo worked that way, and assumed the DP is similar. I checked the manual, and don't see the same functionality for the DP24. Sorry if I mislead you ...

There's another recent and similar post I replied to about the 2488neo.

No probs. It's just an anoying limitation of the DP32. The other most annoying thing is having to stop the transport to carry out most operations. But overall I think it's a really good machine despite these issues. Thanks for replying.

Hello all! In answer to your question about displaying and navigating in the project by bars and not absolute time, I found this on page 43 of the Manual

1. Press the HOME button to open the Home screen.
2. BAR appears to the left of the counter of the Home screen.

If BAR does not appear, press the METRONOME button to
open the METRONOME screen..
Use the CURSOR (5/b) buttons to select the BAR DISP
item, and then use the JOG/DATA dial to set it to ON. This
will cause BAR to appear on the Home screen.

Which raises another important point and that is to make certain that the project time signature, and indeed tempo, are set at the start of the project in the metronome settings to avoid complications later

Hope this helps

Last edited:
in the DP-32, does the tempo set the MIDI timing too?

If you mean the tempo of the song, yes it does. From the Home screen just press the Metronome button and you will see the settings in there. It is on Page 58 of the manual.
Hope this helps

Yes, it does, thanks Cool. I read the manual cover to cover but the connection with the MIDI timing wasn't clear. I'll go over it again. Thanks!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.