DM-24 if/fw dm running OSX el capitan

osotogari

Gear owned
dm 24 us428
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before but i couldn't find it.
Here's a solution to use the DM-24 IF/FW with DM OS X El capitan.

Download here:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.dropbox.com/s/waxpi9bpezzb4kg/M-Audio_FireWire_El_Capitan_Install_Uninstall.zip?dl=1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this package the drivers install in El Capitan friendly /Library/Extensions/, rather than /System/Library/Extensions/.

INSTALLATION:
(1)
Remember that the signed driver requirement of OS X must be disabled.
In recovery mode in El Capitan (CMD+R at boot):
"csrutil enable --without kext" at the terminal.
or
By 'nvram' boot-flag in Yosemite:
"sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1" at the terminal.

(2)
Reboot.

(3)
Double click installer. Follow instructions.

(4)
Shut down.

(5)
Connect and turn on device.

(6)
Boot up and be happy. Enjoy!

Well I found that here: http://maudio.boards.net/thread/4/firewire-working-capitan-install-package
I have to thank the guy.
In hope your search is a little shorter than mine,
Enjoy cheers.

Well I'm confused! I have been running my DM24 on El Capitan, on two different computers and it just works. On the Macbook with firewire 800 I used a hard drive with both FW 800 and FW 400 as a go between, on the iMac with FW 400 I had to use a shorter cable. But on both Macs it just worked, and showed up as a coreaudio device.
Am I missing something?

Reactions: bobco631

New threads

Staff online

Members online