DM-24 questions

JON214

Gear owned
Tascam DM-24
So I bought the DM-24 for $80 because it had a buzz , no sound , I knew about the cap problem and replaced them all. Even looked for bad ones on the input panel itself. So , it comes on , amp noise through speakers , but I have no levels coming in ? Meters do not do anything. I am very new to this machine , way mor option than a standard . I did a factory reset to get parameters back to stock...still nothing. It might just be something reall simple im missing, im working with track 1 but have tried all the tracks. Please kinda dumb it down if you could :)

I don't know what you mean by "a standard," but I'm going to assume that you mean there are many, many more options than on an analog console. If this assumption is correct, here's the dumbest suggestion I can make:

Sit in front of the console with the manual in your hand. Starting at the beginning, read the manual, try everything you read on the physical board, until you come to the end.

If you've already done this and know for certain that you have the routing set up the way you want or expect it to work, take it to a qualified repairman.

i just didnt know if there was a way to work with ch 1, and see the input meters do anything , that way if its not broke i dont pay a 160 bench fee. any help on just that is apprecited

Yes, of course there is a way, if the console is working and you have the routing set up properly.

Again, I say: RTFM. If it doesn't work after you know how it works, you know what you're dealing with.

RTFM Ill slap the shit out of you , you talk to me with respect , because I hadnt given you any disrespect . I m glad you think youre really cool cause you know something I dont , but theres no fucking reason to be a prick.

Uh huh. I'm not being a prick. I'm telling you that nobody is going to fix your problem for you if you don't even know the basic operation of the console. Maybe it's not passing audio because you haven't routed that mic input anywhere. If you can't answer that question, then go learn something instead of doing the usual petulant adolescent shit of going online and expecting someone to hand you answer (which we'd probably do, but we can't).

Respect? For what? Your vast knowledge? READ THE MANUAL and learn what you don't know. That's the best advice you're gonna get.

Or, better yet, go troll someplace else.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.