DM 3200/4800 - Windows 10 Compatibility - My Final Results

@nflyte. No worries. I feel your pain. I'm sure that you will sort things out in no time.

Ok I managed to download the files you sent me. Thank you. I also got the Tascam DM4800 listed in Sound, video, and game controllers but I still have the Driver offline on the DM. I'm going to try to install all the other drivers to see if that helps. Hopefully by trial and error something good will happen.

Hello, I managed to get the TASCAM DM-4800 listed in sound video and game controllers but I'm having trouble placing

i have the legacy ieee host controller in the IEEE 1394host controllers. I managed to put the IF-FWDMmkii in the sound video and game controllers section but it replaced my computer sound so I rolled it back. I need to know how to add it to that section. Does anyone have a screen shot displaying that is where it is alonside the Tascam 4800 driver.

Just received a new firewire card with the VIA chipset. Will replace the existing Texas Instrument card that is not compatible with the mixer tonight and see what happens.

@nflyte I'm looking forward to knowing your results. Good luck brother. Got my fingers crossed!

Changing the firewire card from Texas Instrument to a VIA chipset has allowwed the mixer to finally lock to the computer but the control panel shows an error when I open it saying this application is not compatible with the your dice (kernel) driver!! Any thoughts.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 1511
OS Build 10586.420
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA750
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 3.60 Ghz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen and touch is available for this display

Legacy driver or new driver. What firmware is on the IFFWDM2 card?

Hello, In the past week I went from total frustration to total joy because I finally got things up and running. In that time I have downloaded files, good drivers bad drivers, and everything else under the sun that I thought might help. I believe the new VIA chipset firewire card started my fix allowing the card to lock to the computer. I don't see any legacy listed in any of the controllers so I believe they may not be needed for me. The rest of my fix was due to all the replies and files and suggestions from this forum. Thank you all so so so much. you are all awesome.

Reactions: Peter Batah
I'm not sure what you mean by Has the IFFWDMmk2 ever been hotplugged? The only thing I did was hook up the midi out of the console to the midi in on the IFFWDMmk2 as jasmire suggested. Still have to get the remote layer working and might have to reinstall pro tools to get the drop down HUI selections I need. They are not showing up. Have 2 -10 hr sessions on May 25-26. I will do the reinstall after that. Don't want to jinks my existing set up while it is working. Is hotplugging mean to add a power source and is there a connector for that and what does that do for you?

@nflyte I don't want to put word in the mouth of @Muziekschuur but perhaps what he means is plugging and unplugging the Firewire cable while all of your gear is powered up and running. Of course I could be wrong. I don't understand why you are having so much trouble getting the remote layer to work. Getting the basic transport to control your DAW has to be one of the simplest things to achieve. Have you followed the documentation on how to setup your remote devices in Pro Tools. It's pretty much the same concept in amy DAW.

The firewire chip inside the IFFWDMMKII can get damaged when hotplugging. The cable may not be pulled or put back with the computer and mixer on. It is using the 6 pin connector. Rubbing the cable against the insert may damage the card. Resulting in the behavior you are describing. On the IFFWDM MKII card there is however a second bios chip if I remember. accessible thru a jumper on the card. I may be mistaken. It has been a while.

From the manual:
Safety Boot Feature
Software updates may be made available for the IF-FW/DM MKII
through TASCAM’s web site (www.tascam.com). When you use
these updates, removing the FireWire cable, or experiencing a
power glitch during the update procedure can leave the card in an
unusable state.
Don’t worry.
The IF-FW/DM MKII contains a second copy of its operating
software that cannot be overwritten by any software updater
application. Each time the card is powered on (by turning on the
mixer), it will check to see if its software is correct. If it is not, the
CARD STATUS will stay at “Booting…” If this stays the same for
more than 30 seconds, use the following procedure to select the
Safety Boot feature
To select this safety boot feature, you first need to remove the card
from the mixer (turn off the power first).
According to the following picture, you will see a plastic connector
pushed onto a pair of upright pins. Next to the pins is the text
“NORMAL”. This is a jumper header, and this is just a place to
store it when it is not being used.
To use it, pull it up and off of the pins and replace it onto the pair
of pins nearby that are marked “J15 BACKUP”. Push it all the way
down onto the pins. Do not put the header on any other pins on the
card.
Next, re-insert the card into the mixer, reconnect your cables and
turn the power back on. The CARD STATUS display will now
show OK (Backup) to show that the backup software is being
used. You can use the software updater program to re-attempt the
update of the main software, and when that succeeds, revert the
jumper header back to the NORMAL pins to start using the new
software. The backup software is a copy of the factory installed
software, so you can be sure that all the original features will
function in this mode – you don’t need to hurry to go back to
NORMAL if you are under a deadline or other pressure.
If the CARD STATUS still reads Booting … constantly after
changing to the backup software, your card may have a hardware
problem

Reactions: Peter Batah
The USB. Is it connected too? (nessesary for remote controll).. (firewire for audio)

There is an error in the video. A DM4800 can remote controll 24 faders. A DM3200 16.

I believe my card is ok but if the card is faulty will that effect the remote layer. I thought the remote layer was through the USB cable. not sure but the card is locked and I'm able to record to protools. I think my problem is in protools and I may have to delete pro tools and re-install it.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.