DM 3200/4800 - Windows 10 Compatibility - My Final Results

@nflyte How about taking some screenshots showing the rest of us how you have configured the remote device(s) in Pro Tools. I have used Pro Tools First with my DM and was able to use the remote layer.

I tried to do screen shot and I'm having problems doing that. I tried to take photos of my screen and my computer won'r recognize my camera. So many bugs and issues. I still think like I said before that the drop down selections I need are not showing up in the protools HUI 1 2 3 like they are in your protools which of course makes it easy for you. After my next session I will re install pro tools. I read somewhere that that might correct my issue.

I tried to do screen shot and I'm having problems doing that. I tried to take photos of my screen and my computer won'r recognize my camera. So many bugs and issues. I still think like I said before that the drop down selections I need are not showing up in the protools HUI 1 2 3 like they are in your protools which of course makes it easy for you. After my next session I will re install pro tools. I read somewhere that that might correct my issue.
Although there a slew of free apps that you can use to take screenshots, moving forward might I suggest using an app that I have found to be very useful. Lightshot

https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

Not to mention the ability to take screenshots of your DM via TMC Tascam Mixer Companion.

Good luck with your PT re-install. I hope that takes care of the issues that you are experiencing.

Ctrl alt prntscrn together. Open Paint. Ctrl - V. Now save the screenshot.

Hello, I seem to have an issue with channels 17 to 24. Channels 1 to 16 are working pefectly into protools and recording fine but after setting the mixer and protools as suggested I'm not getting signal to protools and cannot record on those channels. I will re evaluate all my setting but if you know of something you think I missed please let me know. All the best. I have to check to see if I'm getting signal into the mixer before protools. It possible I'm not but I'll check when I get home tonight.

@nflyte Sounds like a routing issue to me.

Hi Peter. Hope all is well with you. Your right it was a routing problem. Those channels were not set on the mic/line input. they were on the slot setting. Changed then over to Mic/Line and all is well. Input to protools on all 24 channels with returns to 25, 26 in stereo. So far so good until the next issue if ever. Take care, keep in touch.

@nflyte Glad everything worked out. Have a great day. Peter

cmaffia, do you or anyone else still have the installer for the IF-FW/MKII FireWire/ASIO Driver (V1.30f9.)? The ftp site you linked to no longer works.

I can't remember if this was a user-modified driver, but in any case, I can't find that specific driver anywhere on the Tascam site. I moved my hard driver into a new computer and the driver has gone bad. I need to reinstall it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: samasadov
Thank you so much samasadov! You saved my bacon. I'm backing up this driver for safe keeping.

Hi All-looks like that google drive link is no longer working. Any chance someone @Peterparkerthegreat (?) could post up the drivers (and firmware) if you've got it? I've been on some old versions and things are lagging a bit. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

@jmellin What exactly are you looking for. Let's narrow it down shall we?

Well, I've got:

Control Panel Firmware 1.02 (75562)
Host Device DM 3200
Driver Version 1.30f5 (172407)

Windows 10, 32GB

So, really, anything on the driver or firmware side that's better than those. I looked here a while back and thought it was hopeless, but I have renewed hope!

Thanks!
joel

Wow. Thanks much. Will check it out. Downloading now....

@nflyte How about taking some screenshots showing the rest of us how you have configured the remote device(s) in Pro Tools. I have used Pro Tools First with my DM and was able to use the remote layer.

Hello, i got the Tascam Dm4800 this Week, works well but when i go to pheripherals screen on PT 10 and select midi ports 5 to 7 Protools gets crashed, help me please, i’ve tried everything, also i have SONAR and there is no problem, only on Protools, thank you. NOTE: I’ve set hui emulate, and followed the steps but it doesn’t works, protools going crashed always, sorry about my English, i’m from Colombia

New threads

Members online