DM 3200/4800 - Windows 10 Compatibility - My Final Results

Might be a Sample rate mismatch with Windows WDM audio. Make sure that W10 WDM (non ASIO) settings are set to the desired sample rate first then change or power up the DM-4800 to match.

Reactions: Stephan Herzog
Thanks AudioWave but I'm not sure the WDM drivers come to play in this scenario. The IF FW is my only audio device. I am familiar with that mismatch when trying to play audio using non-ASIO drivers but this issue is directly related to the IF FW ASIO playback/recording.

When I boot the console in 44.1/48kHz mode, there is no audio in any of my Cubase projects that were recorded in either of those sample rates.

The ASIO tool shows locked at either sampling rate but no audio is being passed. Boot to Windows 7 and it works as expected.

I am using the IF-FW/DMmkII V1.30f8 driver. Going to try f9 to see if that has different results.
Is anyone else have this issue or a different experience than me and if so, what driver version is being used?

Thanks
C

I'm at NAMM today so only got a few min.

In Windows there are aways a set of WDM and sometimes WASPI drivers for an audio device. Professional audio devices also include ASIO drivers so an audio device may have 2-sets of drivers.

The IFFW has both of these drivers sets. Right click the speaker icon in the lower right and select Playback, you should see the iFFW listed and may have a green check mark to indicate it is the Default Windows audio device. Click on it's icon to select and then click the Properties, button lower right, then click the Advanced Tab, then click the drop down to select the desired sample rate.

If you don't use or desire Windows sounds via the IFFW, then you can disable the IFFW from Playback Tab where you click Properties, click to select the IFFW, then right click Disable. Do the same for the Recording Tab.

This may or may not be the issue and fix.

Check in Device Manager under Audio and see if the Tascam or IFFW is listed. If it is not listed then Windows doesn't see or recononize the driver and it won't work until it does. You might try also try using a different Windows FW driver for trouble-shooting.

AudioWave I could do that in Windows 7 but in Windows 10. under properties, there is no ADVANCED tab for Playback. The IF FW driver is listed in the device manager loaded properly. the Tascam ASIO shows it locked at 44.1 (also at 48Khz).

Keep in mind, I get audio when I use the DM console to 88.2/96Khz mode. I put this in the "head scratcher" category. It may be the beta F10 that's having the issue. Will try other beta driver versions.

Thanks,
C

Keep in mind that for WDM (non ASIO) audio has some major changes from W7 to W10. In W10 I would just Disable IFFW to help avoid conflicts. I was suggesting trying other Windows FW controller drivers not the IFFW Beta drivers.

The 2 other Windows FW control drivers give me poor performance and would be a show stopper for me from using Windows 10. I will try anyway. I will also try other versions of the IF/FW beta drivers.

Problem with 44.1/48Khz mode corrected by using IF/FW V1.30f8.
Also as AudioWave explained previously, there have been changes made with Windows WDM drivers. In Windows 7, non ASIO drivers would automatically match to the DM3200/DM4800 sample rate. Now you have to change playback manually when switching. I also updated the initial thread to show all final results. Hopefully that will not add confusing.

Last edited:
Great work Charlie, thanks!
One thing though; in the post above, you state "problem with 44.1/48Khz mode by using IF/FW V1.30f8", while in the first adapted post you advise to use just this version. "to avoid 44.1/48kHz audio not working, install IF/FW driver version V1.30f8." A typo above, I assume?

And, I take it, with the right IF/FW driver no WDM tinkering is needed anymore?

Yep thanks for catching that. Just corrected. It was F9 that caused my issue and using F8 fixed it.

Unfortunately WDM tinkering still needs to be done.

Reactions: Arjan P
Maybe the WDM thing could be added to the first post to have a complete set of things to take into account.

Done!

Reactions: Arjan P
For those who have old skool audio cards and other stuff. Go to device manager (or apparaatbeheer in dutch). And search for "install older drivers" . I found a driver for my Korg Kontrol49 there. I am also running a RME digi9652. And it's old driver 2.11 installed in one go on WIN10 32 bits.

My M-audio Delta driver installed only the menu. But there was no connection. So I went to device manager and pointed the M-audio Delta card (same as the RPC-1) to the installed INF file in program files. After that the stuff just works.

I also installed a driver for my Edirol/Roland UM880 midi patchbay. And it all seems to work. I'll hook it up tonight and see what's up.

I also own a Roland UA-11 wich I use with my laptop. I was upgrading the laptop the day WIN10 was out. At that point the UA-11 was not supported. So I downloaded the 8.1 driver and the unit worked. A few days later Windows replaced the driver itself by the approved Roland/Microsoft driver. So don't be surprised if at one point approved drivers will be integrated by Microsoft. Allways connect the new device. Be online and wait at least 10 minutes. Maybe 30 minutes. If the driver is available from Microsoft the driver will be automaticly be pushed to your system.

Very nice postst guys, thnx for all your help!!!!

In conclusion, can you guys list down the files that I need to install it on my Windows 10 in order to get the TASCAM dm3200 and firewire card working properly?

Thank you guys.

Read the first post.

Reactions: Jimmy A.
Hi there
I'm planning to upgrde my PC and buy Win 8 or 10
Does anyone have tested USB and/or FW drivers?
I might going to buy a RME card and want tu use the 4 expansion slots for analog out and ADAT and use my DM 4800 as a controller
Is it also possible to use 2 IF-FW/DMMKII cards?

.........Did you not read the first post of thread? Nope can't use 2 FW cards

Aha
Ok
Thanks for the reply cmaffia

Does anyone have USB and FW dirvers for Windows 8 and/or 10 and where I can find it??
It's because I want a defferent HW setup in the future by using other audio interfaces and I still want to use my DM 4800 as a controller so I need the UBS functions

Or does anyone have an other solution?

For example:

Will it work if I select a different Asio driver in cubase like RME Asio and use the Tascam Mackie control MIDI ports in Cubase?

New threads

Staff online

Members online