1. There are no USB drivers. They are native compliant to OS
2. Use same drivers as in Windows 10 for Windows 8

So if I understood everything right, it's just plug and play
So WIN 8 and 10 have the drivers already
Just connect my DM and windows does the rest and I can use the MIDI functions

You would then need to configure your DAW

I know
In my case only the remote devices should be linked to my DM
IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851 is compatible with WIN 8 and 10 (if ti doesn't work with USB)?

Try using FireWire drivers beta F9 for win 8.
USB only has to do with the remote layer control.

Do you have the beta F9 drivers?
It looks like in the future i will only use the remote layer

Please see the sticky in the forum that has the driver site

Found it and got the latest drivers
Tnank you for the help

Please try f9 again. The only differences between f8 and f9 are cosmetic in the control panel - the underlying driver is exactly the same.

Need to update my Windows 10 DM3200 experience. I know the following issue will not affect %99.9 percent of you and there are other implementations to work around this.

If you ever had the desire to cascade 2 DM units please note that in Windows 10 the Remote Layer (Jamsire don't say it! :)), is no where near reliable .

Keyboard and mouse moves while editing your project while audio is playing stops the transmission of cascade data and the cascade connection terminates. It usually happens within the first 5 secons but the larger the project the quicker the disconnect. Note that this issue only happens with projects that are 88.2 or 96kHz. 44.1 and 48kHz projects seem OK in cascade/Remote Layer mode.

The same version of Cubase and Tascam drivers do not have this issue in Windows 7 so obviously Microsoft did some fiddling with their core MIDI drivers that mess with the DM's interaction with the DAW. Doubt this will ever be fixed.

When I disable USB Midi ports 5 & 6 on each machine from the DM Midi setup screen, I can use another smaller control surface while the 2 DM3200's are in cascade mode without issue. Not sure who's to blame on this (MS, Steinberg, Tascam, all of the above?

Please try f9 again. The only differences between f8 and f9 are cosmetic in the control panel - the underlying driver is exactly the same.
Redbus. Yes the Chinese language was removed in F9 but in Windows 10, F9 will not allow 44.1 or 48 KHz audio. F8 does and I can reproduce this issue 100% of time just by reinstalling both versions and testing. Something else changed in F9 that causes this issue in Windows 10 but not Windows 7.

Here's video demonstrating how, what I believe, midi transmission is stopped when doing simple editing tasks in Cubase. This issue is what kills the connectivity when in cascade mode. No issues when I boot the PC to Windows 7 using the same drivers and same version of Cubase. Is this a Tascam or Steinberg issue? Sent to Steinberg as well to investigate.

Alright, so today I took the plunge and upgraded from Win7 to Windows 10! All went remarkably smooth, with almost everything working the same as before immediately. Ofcourse some tweaking here and there, but so far so good and even the old E-mu 0404 (for Windows OS audio only) works!

BTW, I found no need to downgrade the IFFW driver to 1.30f8: 1.30f9 does give me uninterrupted audio at all sample rates.. Strange, since Charlie didn't get it going with 1.30f9. The difference must be in the FW card used: in my case it's the onboard VIA VT6308 on the Asus P6TD Deluxe MB.

Reactions: cmaffia
Arjan, the Windows 10 April 12 cumulative updates fixed that issue. All good here as well with F9. Will update the initial post with that info. Glad it all worked out for you! Steinberg has opened a case on the MIDI issue I am experiencing where Cascade get disconnected.

Reactions: Arjan P
Updated the initial post with my final assessment. Basically everything works in Windows 10 provided that you perform all Windows 10 updates before anything else. There is still the issue that I documented concerning Cubase and 2 cascaded DM's. This will not affect the majority of users out there. So far Steinberg seems to be taking ownership of the issue. I'd like to know if other cascade users out there who are using Windows 10 are experiencing similar issues (see my video posted above).

Great! Hopefully Steinberg can come up with a solution for the MIDI/Cascade issue.

AudioWave I could do that in Windows 7 but in Windows 10. under properties, there is no ADVANCED tab for Playback. The IF FW driver is listed in the device manager loaded properly. the Tascam ASIO shows it locked at 44.1 (also at 48Khz).

Keep in mind, I get audio when I use the DM console to 88.2/96Khz mode. I put this in the "head scratcher" category. It may be the beta F10 that's having the issue. Will try other beta driver versions.

Thanks,
C
I may be totally wrong about this but a friend of mine had the same kind of issue and he had to change his sound card. Just a thought. He uses Pro tools

@nflyte I'm not following that concept. The "sound card" is the DM3200 FireWire card. Anyway the issue I was referring to was resolved by a Windows 10 update so it's a non issue now.

Hello, I notice that you have windows 10 running 64 bit using the tascam firewire card. when I try to download the driver installer to my computer I get the error message saying this program can only be installed on versions of windows designedfor the following processor architectures x86 . I have x64 which I assume that you have the same. Do you know if tascam has a 64 bit driver installer for the firewire card or can you tell me what process you used to obtain the firewire drivers for your 64 bit system. This has me totally naive to my situation and any help is appreciated.

New threads

Members online