DM display

Lubvic

Gear owned
Dm4800
Hi folks, i'm vince from Italy, long term user of tmd4000 before, dm4800 after...
As many of us i've run through display blue lines issue, since tmd4000.
I was really pissed of for this low quality display so i decided to open the display to fix it by myself.
I've seen that so many people claim to have had different results, going from many line to, at best, few lines... Well, i can tell you that i fixed my display from "totaly fucked up" to "zero blu lines".
This post to tell that all this display can be totaly fixed with some elctronic skill and great patience.
The fix is, 99% permanent.
I'm sorry for all the people that spent hundred of bucks for a replacement... The key, as you know, is the carbon contacts ribbon, by now i'm able to simply reflow it without even disassemble the display.
Trust me, this is maybe the definitive fix and i can't belive why nobody wrote about it, even from tascam...
Just to share my experience.

Last edited:
I look into my crystal ball and see that perhaps you are hard at work putting together a wonderful YouTube video for our viewing pleasure.

Hi Peter, it is not lack of time, but i'd prefer not to touch the display again now (i did the fix time ago), in some week i'd like to make some modifications to the mixer, so when i reopen it i'll make some video, eventually even of the display fix ;-)

Last edited:
Your claim is a myth until you provide specific instructions. Eagerly awaiting if any of this is true and also how much time has passed since your repair to claim 99% permanent?

Personally, I prefer going with the 100% permanent fix (2seemy) which also allows us to view the LCD on either a floating window on our PC and/or on a dedicated monitor of any size.

Reactions: Peter Batah
Hi Peter, it is not lack of time, but i'd prefer not to touch the display again now (i did the fix time ago), in some week i'd like to make some modifications to the mixer, so when i reopen it i'll make some video, eventually even of the display fix ;-)
Fair enough.

@cmaffia i'm not here to claim anything, this is not a myth but a proof of fact, my display was unreadable, now is perfect, no line, the procedure is "easy", open the display, disassemble, rebuild the two rubber zebra connections, use a solder with a special tip created to resolder the carbon strip without detach it from the board, melting the glue and rebuild all the pins connection. After this, apply something to make pressure on the strip connected to the board.
That's all, nothing so strange and no myth.
I'd post a picture before and after if you want... Anyway, my display is working well from monts, almost a year, considering the situation before the fix, "i can claim" that the issue is fixed for me, with 0 costs.
Understood that you prefer 2seemy, i prefer the built-in display ;-)
Again, my post is not intended to sell something or to start a flame, i wrote it only to give some hope to those in this situation.

Last edited:
Very interesting. How long was the entire process? Thank you for posting those images.

About 1 hour, but was the first time, maybe today i'd make it in 30 minutes. So, if the fix will be not so permanent, i think that i can consider 30 minutes to fix it again as regular maintenance every year or so, in the worst case scenario.

Good to know. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.

Reactions: Lubvic
@Lubvic I'm not doubting your ingenuity or your results however, if your intention is to truly to help people then properly document your process so others can duplicate what you've done. Vague instructions with before & after photos doesn't really help. If you plan on making a video showing your procedure along with a parts list/tools required, then that would be more helpful and appreciated.

Yeah it would be great to find out how you did it, even a clearly written instruction would be good. The general steps you write above are not enough for someone to go on, and the before and after pictures look nice but don't help. Great you got it done though.

Hem... I'd be very happy to make a video but i don't want to disassemble my perfectly working display but i can write a detailed guide for sure. It requires me some time, i'll make it in the next days.
Anyway, everything is much easier than what you could immagine, only need patience an some manual skill.

I have a splendid idea. I have a spare screen with 4 lines in it that you can fix for me and use to make your video. ;-)

Ok, if you want.
Better to fix a broken one than a good one.
Anyway, i'll make this but, to be clear, i have to prove nothing to you or anyone else ;-)
Ship your display here and i'll fix it.

Let the games begin.

Gentlemen. Please adjust the tone as this site isn't about "games", it's about helping the user community. Thanks.

Please PM me with address. Much appreciated.

I was simply making a lighthearted comment. Not meant to be offensive or condescending in any way. Of course the objective here is to help one other in any way possible. That is always appreciated. Why so serious?

Just making it clear that forum members intentions are always to help and educate. Believe me, I'm not without a sense of humor and appreciate good humor & wit when it's well placed ;-).

Hello @cmaffia . I was wondering if you ever got around to sending out your defective to @Lubvic and how that was coming along. Have a good one. Peter

Reactions: Rockum

New threads

Members online