DM display

Unfortunately no. Kind of pricey to ship when I quoted. Round trip would cost me half of what new LCD would cost. If I didn't have 2seemy cards then maybe it would be worth it. Maybe someone in Europe could send him a damaged one where it made $$$ sense.

In that case, perhaps @Lubvic would be so inclined to provide a video of that repair procedure.

He needs a broken screen first to make the video. He doesn't want to mess with the one he fixed which is understandable.

You're absolutely right. Have a good one. Peter

Yes Peter, it's a non sense to unfix my fixed display... But i ensure that it's not so difficult to fix this display.
Needs only patience and some precision with the re-assembling task, my display keeps staying clean, no lines. I am busy with a new job these months, but i swear i'd post a detailed guide, detailed as it requires...
And, if someone in Europe has a defective one, i could use it for a video guide. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Batah
Thank you so much for getting back to me / us @Lubvic . That was very kind of you. Good luck with the new job. Peter

My LCD just died.... not only lines, but a dancing display of purple bands.
I do have the 2seemy screen, so it is not a disaster.

That being said, the blinking LCD is driving me nuts.

Lubvic seems to have a solution, but I'm wondering about the latest advice for replacing the LCD.
Is there a preferred part and vendor?
Or... Lubvic... can you talk me through the repair?

Thanks!

I would be happy to contribute to this, as I believe I have one or two broken screens somewhere around. I don't need them back, but is willing to pay the shipment, just for the benefit of my fellow Tascam users.

I think he was saying you can "reflow" the solder without dissembling the cables from the display, and there are soldering iron attachments made for that purpose.
With dead Macbook Pros "reflowing" solder is actually a common practice, they have been dying because of bad soldering connections on the logic boards, and there is a whole little subculture of Macbook "Bakers" that throw logic boards in the oven, with a little tin foil covering specific rubbers, and recipes for how long to bake them and at what temperature. Google it.
Sounds like the same principle, only using a soldering iron instead of an oven.

-Will

I have informed someone I know in Spain about Lubvic's offer. He is having issues with his DM-3200 display, so might be affordable shipping for him to donate his display to Lubvic.
Also, as a service to those on this forum, I have made a post in another thread regarding the guy selling an LED replacement for the Tascam LCD display. I have very low confidence after my interaction with him. More here: http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/where-to-buy-a-dm4800-display.3659/page-2

So are there any updates on the repair tutorial? I have my machine opened up and I have messed around with the connections, nothing seems to alter the lines on the screen, the only thing that alters anything is when I take out and the replace the ribbon cable while wiggling a little, just makes the screen completely white then goes back to how it was, the lines seem to be created by a different connector. Even when I move the glued ribbon cable on the side of the display, it does nothing.

Hi fellow DM lovers.
I have a dm24 in my garage with lines on the display (changed it TWICE) I also have a 3200 in my studio with the same problem.
I replaced the display on the 3200 twice as well, but both recent replacements caused a high pitch whine that I just couldn't live with... Apparently there is a new batch of LCDs that's bad. At that point I re-installed the old faulty display, which is at least quiet and sent the new replacements back to Tascam and got refunded.
I have at least one, maybe two displays with running lines still around somewhere that were taken out of my dm24.
I could send them to Lubvic and get this thing rolling. In fact, while I live in LA, I'm also Italian (Venice) and planning to visit my family fairly soon, so shipping cost would be minimal....
Che ne pensi Vince? Se vuoi, ti porto i displays in ottobre o novembre quando vado a trovare i miei in Italia.. Se sei ancora interessato a documentare la riparazione, mandami un messaggio appena possibile. Grazie

The dude disappeared as quickly as he came.

Hi guys, still getting to grips with my DM3200, but it sounds good, it's been a bit slow as I'm re-organising the studio, renovation the house and summer was good and hot over here.. anyways, I too have have the blue striped display, so I've bitten the bullet & gone for the black and white LED replacement option I've seen mentioned on this board before. It's due to arrive later this week so I'll keep everyone posted as to how it goes, it's always nice to contribute.. Installation seems simple enough, just pop off the grey display bezel and in it goes... stay tuned...;)

@Paddythemac Good luck with the replacement. I believe that you have made the most sensible choice in choosing the LCD replacement option. Please keep us posted. Have a great day! Peter

its a fairly simple installation. Once you have the machine opened (most use the instructions from the 2SeeMy card installation manual), its only about 6 screws to mess with. I recommend a magnetized screwdriver for this job as it makes the bezel install much easier.

@cmaffia Is the installation as straight forward if both expansion slots are being used. I understand there is an alternate method for this scenario. Thank you C

New threads

Members online

No members online now.